PDA

View Full Version : Elves and Languages

LordParagon
March 20th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Why is it that most languages are grey-d out for elves? I have custom languages for my races and even some custom races that were duped from the standard races with just some name changes. I have certain languages enabled as starting languages, but elves (and my custom dupe) cannot choose but from a few of the languages listed.

I cannot find any override for this in the setups. Am I missing a setting or something?

Mathias
March 22nd, 2010, 10:15 AM
Main book, pg. 22, very bottom of the page: "Elves with high intelligence scores can choose from the following:..." - the list of languages there are the languages that are not in grey.

If you've already created your custom races, changing their available languages is easy - about a third of the way down the list of options for the race in the editor, you'll find the "Languages Allowed" button - press the button and you'll see a list of all the languages that have been defined - you can pick and choose the languages that are available for that race.

LordParagon
March 22nd, 2010, 02:40 PM
Main book, pg. 22, very bottom of the page: "Elves with high intelligence scores can choose from the following:..." - the list of languages there are the languages that are not in grey.

If you've already created your custom races, changing their available languages is easy - about a third of the way down the list of options for the race in the editor, you'll find the "Languages Allowed" button - press the button and you'll see a list of all the languages that have been defined - you can pick and choose the languages that are available for that race.

Ahhh. Thank you so much!!!

Now about the Racial Traits in another post I made? ;)