PDA

View Full Version : How do you assign a weapon damage bonus from a spell in the adjustment section?

kridak
March 15th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Hi All

I am working on adding some spells in the conditions section that increase a pc's attack and damage by 2.

I have this so far for a spell that uses BonLuck...

~ +1 Attack
hero.child[Attack].field[BonLuck].value = maximum(hero.child[Attack].field[BonLuck].value, 1)

~ +1 Damage
hero.child[Damage].field[BonLuck].value = maximum(hero.child[Damage].field[BonLuck].value, 1)

The attack part works...the damage does not.

It seems like BonLuck does not work yet if i change the code to read....

~ +1 Damage
hero.child[Damage].field[tDamBonus].value = maximum(hero.child[Damage].field[tDamBonus].value, 1)

It seems i can get a bonus to work but i have multiple spells with different types (Morale and Luck and insight) that i need have stackable.

So i figure i am missing something very simple...what would it be?

Mathias
March 15th, 2010, 04:44 PM
The Damage component does not have access to the modifiers because the weapons themselves are unfortunately set up so that their modifier fields apply to their attack, which means that the Damage pick can't forward its fields on to the weapons like the Attack pick can.

So, until I can figure out a way to properly distinguish an attack BonLuck and a damage BonLuck on a weapon, damage can't be tracked modifier by modifier.

kridak
March 15th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Okie dokie thanks allot Mathias.

:)

westcpw
March 27th, 2010, 05:47 AM
you could just have a temp adjustment named with each bonus and add it to all damage dealt