PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Walk-Through

johngamermage
March 13th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Who has finished the Savage Worlds Walk-Through?

If so, on a scale of 1 to 10, how is your understanding.

Were their any problems learning?

rob
March 16th, 2010, 05:29 AM
One thing you'll run into is that the walk-through was written about two years ago. During that time, Hero Lab has been continually enhanced in some substantial ways. The net result is that there are now quite a few things that can be done more easily than was the case back in early 2008.

The walk-through documentation has not been updated to reflect all these new authoring capabilities due to a lack of time. However, the Skeleton data files have evolved to leverage these capabilities, and in most cases so have the Savage Worlds files.

Consequently, you'll probably find that there are a few places where the walk-through no longer works perfectly if you try to replicate each step. And you'll definitely find that the current Savage Worlds data files don't mirror the walk-through results.

That being said, the overall process outlined in the walk-through is still 100% valid, and there is a wealth of insight available through the walk-through. The Authoring Kit is a very sophisticated animal that does a heck of a lot, so there's quite a bit to learn. And we do our best to answer questions on the forums when folks run into issues with writing data files. So don't hesitate to ask whatever questions you run into as you start the process of writing your own data files for a game.

Shadowchaser
March 26th, 2010, 05:48 AM
Can someone link me to this walkthrough? I'm not familiar with the Savage Worlds game, but it might help me understand how to use the Authoring Kit. I can't seem to find it in the Authoring Kit wiki, if it's there...

Thanks!

Mathias
March 26th, 2010, 07:22 AM
In the authoring kit, the section labeled "Authoring Examples"

http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index.php5/Savage_Worlds_Walk-Through

Shadowchaser
March 26th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Muchos Gracias!