PDA

View Full Version : March compendium update released

Colen
March 3rd, 2010, 10:15 AM
Hi all,

A new release of the 4e data files is now available. This release contains the updated content and downloader for the March compendium update. Enjoy!

Colen
March 3rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
A new release of the 4e data files is now available. :)

SAbel
March 5th, 2010, 02:18 PM
The data files could not be loaded due to the following errors:

Thing 'clsWrlrdHy' - Bootstrap thing 'fWrlResPre' does not exist
Thing 'clsWrlrdHy' - Bootstrap thing 'fWrlTacPre' does not exist

Not sure what this links to but it is keeping my HL 4E from loading. Anyone else having this issue?

SAbel
March 5th, 2010, 02:27 PM
If this Helps
the fWrlResPre is in ddi_classes.dat line 1811
<bootstrap thing="fWrlResPre"></bootstrap>
fWrlTacPre is same file line 1812
<bootstrap thing="fWrlTacPre"></bootstrap>
clsWrlrdHy is in same file ling 1775
<thing id="clsWrlrdHy" name="Hybrid Warlord" description="You have combined your talent for command with other skills, rather than focusing entirely on leadership. How and where did you come to learn the intricacies of command? Did an early stint in the military or tutelage at the feet of a tribal leader inspire you to grasp the reins of authority? Or have you only recently donned the mantle of leadership?" compset="Class" isunique="yes">

Colen
March 6th, 2010, 07:44 AM
You should be able to delete those bootstrap lines from the file and it should work (apart from hybrid warlords, but the files should load at least). I'm not sure why this is happening, but I'll re-download my data to try and figure it out.

Hope this helps

SAbel
March 6th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Hey Colen,
reran the DDI again and this time I have no problems. I do not see how to use the rule set to make a hybrid character. It appears in Dragon 383 (jan10) but I was not sure if HL would not have the infor until the PHB 3 is released?

Thank you

Sean

Colen
March 8th, 2010, 08:35 AM
The Hybrid Class stuff should already be included in the data files - you should be able to use it if you enable the "Player's Handbook 3" source on the configure hero form.

SAbel
March 8th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Hello Colen,
I have everything except; Hide Basic Attacks, Hide Hybrid Classes, Hide Personal Details, No color on Power Cards, & sample content checked. I am not seeing a way to make a Hybrid class idea?

Colen
March 8th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Once you enable the PHB3 content, the Hybrid Classes should all be displayed in the list of classes (for me, they start just under the Fighter). (You also need to have the "Hide Hybrid Classes" rule disabled, obviously.)

Do you see them in the list of classes? There isn't a separate "hybrid class" control, you just select a hybrid class from the normal list (and then a second class in a new control that appears beside it).

SAbel
March 9th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I do not have any showing up in the list it only has 24 classes total. I do have the PHB 3 on and some of the classes from the book show up but no Hybrids.
I have gone in and see the info is in the program and in the AK but alas I do not have them in my HL list. What am I to do?

SAbel
March 10th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Colen,
I looked into the ddi files and the class tab as far as I can tell (which is not much) I can see all the Hybrid data and that the tab is set for the information but I do not have any of the Hyrbid classes showing up in HL. What do I do now, o programming wise one. :)

Colen
March 22nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
So just to confirm - if you open ddi_classes.dat and search for "Hybrid", you can look at the hybrid classes, but they still don't appear in the list?

Try the following:

1) Back up your HeroLab\data\4e folder, so you can restore it if any changes you make go terribly wrong.

2) Load ddi_classes.dat in a text editor, such as Notepad. Delete all the "<usesource ...></usesource>" elements on a hybrid class, and save the file.

3) Reload the game system in Hero Lab and see if the hybrid class you changed appears.

If it appears, there was something strange wrong with your settings - if not, there is a weirder problem afoot. Let me know if this works or not, and we'll figure out how to proceed from there.

SAbel
March 22nd, 2010, 04:09 PM
Okay since the 2nd DDi run I am thinking as I look that the Hybrid classes did not come into the program, I saved the log from running the DDI but it had no errors. I do not though see <usesource any where in the file Here is the Avenger Hy as my files show it. So I will set my Pc to run the DDI info again tomorrow morning and check it once I get home. I am not sure why I am having problems all of a sudden but the last 3 have had me either reloading 2 or 3 times or just wierd glitches. I have the log from the ddi converter but I do not think that it is much help but again this is out of my field of knowledge :) as you guys know.

Sean

<!-- Hook things up for the hybrid avenger -->
<thing
id="clsAvengHy"
name=""
compset="">
<bootstrap thing="tAveHChDiD"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="fAveCenPur" phase="***NOPARTIAL***"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="fAveCenRet" phase="***NOPARTIAL***"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="fAveCenUni" phase="***NOPARTIAL***"></bootstrap>
</thing>
<thing
id="tAveHArFai"
name=""
compset="">
<eval index="1" phase="Traits" priority="10000"><![CDATA[
doneif (activated = 0)

~+3 to AC if wearing armor no better than cloth, and no shield
if (hero.haschild[ArmorBase,"Equipped.Equipped & (!ArmorType.arClothArm | Armory.Shield)"] = 0) then
perform hero.child[defAC].field[trtClass].modify[+,3,""]
endif
]]></eval>
</thing>
<thing
id="tAveHAvCen"
name=""
compset="">
<fieldval field="usrCandid1" value="(component.BuildOpt) &amp; (BuildOpt.fAveAveCen)"/>
</thing>
<thing
id="tAveHChDiv"
name="Channel Divinity (Abjure Undead)"
compset="">
<tag group="Hide" tag="Special"/>
<bootstrap thing="pAveAbjUnd">
<containerreq phase="Setup" priority="200"><![CDATA[fieldval:htActive <> 0]]><after name="Hybrid talent activated"/>
</containerreq>
</bootstrap>
</thing>

SAbel
March 22nd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Ok beside the fact that I only had about 4 hours of broken sleep last night it would help if I look into the correct ddi_classes.dat and then I find the Hybrid characters
the only line I see is this one <usesource source="PHB3"/> so now my class looks like this with it removed

<thing id="clsArtifHy" name="Hybrid Artificer" description="Whether student or tinkerer, you have learned many tricks for imbuing magic into objects and creatures. Your expertise is spotty, however, with many gaps that a true artificer might scoff at. Of course, you know plenty of tricks beyond the skill of that artificer." compset="Class" isunique="yes">
<fieldval field="clsStartHP" value="6"/>
<fieldval field="clsHPLev" value="2.5"/>
<fieldval field="clsSurges" value="3"/>
<fieldval field="clsFort" value="1"/>
<fieldval field="clsWill" value="1"/>

<tag group="KeyAbility" tag="attrWis"/>
<tag group="KeyAbility" tag="attrCon"/>
<tag group="User" tag="Hybrid"/>
<tag group="Class" tag="clsArtific"/>
<tag group="PowerSrc" tag="Arcane"/>
<tag group="ArmorProf" tag="apCloth"/>
<tag group="ArmorProf" tag="apLeather"/>
<tag group="WpCatRqMel" tag="wcSimple"/>
<tag group="WpCatRqRng" tag="wcSimple"/>
<tag group="ClassRole" tag="Leader"/>
<tag group="KeyAbility" tag="attrInt"/>
<tag group="Skill" tag="skArcana"/>
<tag group="Skill" tag="skDiplomac"/>
<tag group="Skill" tag="skDungeone"/>
<tag group="Skill" tag="skHeal"/>
<tag group="Skill" tag="skHistory"/>
<tag group="Skill" tag="skPercepti"/>
<tag group="Skill" tag="skThievery"/>
<bootstrap thing="fArtHHeInf"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="tArtHArEmp"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="tArtHArRej"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="pArtHeaInf"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="pArtHeaFor"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="pArtHeaShi"></bootstrap>
</thing>

SAbel
March 22nd, 2010, 04:29 PM
But I do not get any Hybrid class to appear, still only 24 classes to pick from. When I type in Hybrid in the search area of character classes it says "no options to choose from."
I pulled the same line from Arificer and Avenger, in case I need two to pick from to make it work but alas still nothing :(

So I am at a loss again, but I am sure you shall find a way through it Colen.
Let me know what you would like me to do next.

SAbel
March 24th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Okay so reran the DDI and still no Hybrid classes.
I am at a loss.

Colen
March 31st, 2010, 11:50 AM
Hi Sean,

Sorry to hear you're still having problems with the hybrid classes. At this point, I think I need to look at things myself - can you please zip up your HeroLab\4e\data folder (you can omit the core.hlz and data.hlz files, since they'll make the file quite large) and email it to me at colen@wolflair.com ? That way I can figure out exactly what's going wrong and hopefully resolve it.

Thanks!

SAbel
April 1st, 2010, 06:59 AM
I will do it when I get home tonight which, so it wont be for 9 more hours. Long work day today :) but then I am on break for a week.

SAbel
April 1st, 2010, 03:33 PM
File sent
Thank you Colen

SAbel
April 3rd, 2010, 10:11 PM
Colen,
While messing around tonight I found that when I uncheck the RPGA Rules box in character configure, the Hybrid classes are open for me. I am not sure why that would be but I hope this narrows down the problem.

Colen
April 7th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Ah! Yes, it turns out the RPGA rules were the problem. Back when they were initially released, the Hybrid classes were disallowed under RPGA settings; I believe that as of the updates in Dragon # 383, they're now legal. I'll fix this in the April release of the 4e files.

Thanks for tracking this down!