PDA

View Full Version : Potion Brewing

dlundborg
February 25th, 2010, 12:33 PM
I have a Cleric that has taken brew potion as a feat. There is no mechanism to add potions created to the inventory like adding a scribed scroll. For a scribed scroll I use the –add custom scroll in the Magic Tab to create a scroll. It gives me the cost of scribing the scroll based on the spell and Level I select (See Image). There needs to be the same thing for creating Potions as well. You should be able to use the same code modified for potions instead of scrolls.

Mathias
February 25th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Custom potions and wands are already on my to-do list.

NicodemisFinch
February 27th, 2010, 07:21 AM
I hope that rings, wondrous items, etc. are all on you list as well!:) Custom magic items are a big missing piece. I love this product!:p

Mathias
February 27th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Potions, wands, and scrolls have specific rules for what each spell would cost in that sort of item, so a custom dialog can calculate the price once it knows the spell. Other magic items have suggested principles, but no firm rules, so building them in the program is not feasible. That's why we included an editor - in that you can add any ring/wondrous item you wish. The editor can also be used to create specific potions or wands (or scrolls) now.

NicodemisFinch
March 5th, 2010, 05:52 AM
I guess I'll have to go through the editor tutorials slowly and methodically. I've see some advice on these boards on how to use the editor and I have to say I'm concerned that it may be beyond my skill level. I'm a lover, not a source-code-computer-writer-thingy-guy.:rolleyes: I certainly wasn't able to open the editor and figure it out (I tried).

Mathias
March 5th, 2010, 08:28 AM
In the editor, if you select the help menu, you'll get the editor manual. If you haven't read that, I'd suggest you do so.

NicodemisFinch
March 5th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Will do. Thanks for the pompt replies.

Lawful_g
March 6th, 2010, 12:56 AM
Will this be included for 3.5 as well?

EberronKnight
March 11th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Custom potions and wands are already on my to-do list.

Cool, I see I could do that in the editor easily but since I know it's on your to-do list I can mess with other stuff with the editor.

Man I love this program, and gave my props at the Paizo forum for them to continue with support for Herolab.

EK