PDA

View Full Version : BUG: Arcane Implement Proficiency

tpkurilla
February 23rd, 2010, 10:02 PM
I have every book, supplement, and magazine enabled for building my Artificer character, but when I select the Arcane Implement Proficiency feat, the only choices I get are: Holy Symbol, Ki Focus, Orb, Pact Blade, Rod, Staff, Totem, and Wand.

The 4e Character Builder says that my choices are: Dagger, Heavy Blade Group, Light Blade Group, Orb, Rod, Staff, Tome, and Wand, since these are implements usable by Arcane classes.

I've started trying to dig into the data files to find where I can correct this, but haven't figured it out yet.

Any ideas as to why the choices are so wrong, and how I can fix them?

Thanks in advance,

-Thomas

tpkurilla
February 24th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Okay, I think I've nailed it down.

thing_gear.dat has hard-coded entries for "ImplemType", and matches the selections that I'm given exactly.

It seems like for a general long-term solution we'll need a compset of "ArcaneImpl" that gets arcane class-specific implements added to it as the ddidownloader gets arcane classes.

For now, I can add a .user file to cover the arcane implements, and perform surgery by hand on the "Arcane Implement Proficiency" to reference the "ArcaneImpl" compset instead of the "ImplemType" it currently does.

Is there a better way?

Edit: This didn't work. My HLscript-fu is not strong. For now I'll create a feat specific to each arcane implement, and replace the ddidownloader feat with these.

-Thomas

tpkurilla
February 24th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Hmm, seems like the Sorcerer doesn't have Daggers listed as implements in the ddidownloader files.

So I guess that's another bug to look into. (assuming that I'm doing the checking correctly...)

-Thomas

Colen
March 3rd, 2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks, I hadn't realised the feat needed to be updated. I'll get this fixed and make sure Sorcerers have the correct implements for the next release.

DaveWilli
September 6th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Did this ever get fixed, because I am having the same problem with a new purchase and recent DDI Download.

A little more info, have a cosmic sorc, for Implement Focus and Implement Expertice do not see light blades or dagger in dropdown, closest is Pact Blade