PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Cards

SAbel
January 23rd, 2010, 11:49 AM
One thing that I wish HL did that does appear on the DDI is printed weapon cards. It would be nice to have the feature simular to consumables that gave basic info that goes with an item/weapon ect. which is Enhancement, item lvl, Critical hit info, an area for Properties, and if it has powers what they are and do, possible list price source ect.

I think that it is a good referance for players (mainly those that forget what the item can add to the character; such as extra damage from crits or basics such as does not provoke opportunity attacks ect. Things that do not add powers b/c HL does make a card for that.

I believe that this is a time saver and it would be a good feature.

Thanks for the time to read this.

Colen
February 1st, 2010, 04:19 PM
We already print out power cards for magic item powers - but you're looking for cards for the actual weapons as well? Would it simply print out one card per weapon / magic weapon / armor / magic armor the hero had?

tscottt
February 1st, 2010, 10:09 PM
Yes: Weapons and armor. I like the idea too. I have custom magic weapons and armor that would benefit from having their own cards for printing.

SAbel
February 7th, 2010, 06:16 PM
For Magic weapons its nice to not only have the power but also what is the crit damage rating ect all included on the power description would be great and under armor things like resistances or base description of what book the item came from and the general text of it would be helpful.
The main idea is the effects of a critical hit were the weapon does extra damage. Items such as shimmering armor does not have a power but does give the wear a benifit (they do not provoke attacks of opporunity from range or area attacks) would be nice to have on a card, something you would only print once (the allow print function is outstanding by the way). Possibly making item cards a different color for printing might help players know were the power comes from.