PDA

View Full Version : January compendium update released

Colen
January 20th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Hi all,

(Post updated - downloader is now fixed.)

I've just uploaded a new 4e update, which you can download through the updates mechanism as usual. The following changes were made in this update:

* Updated the downloader to support the January compendium update.
* Implemented the latest version of Hybrid Classes.
* Fixed a few bugs that people had reported.

Please let me know if you have any problems. :)

Wuddy
February 3rd, 2010, 11:18 AM
When I use the updated downloader, it crashes after 3 hours of reading files, once it's finishing with the powers. Does the downloader need to be updated again for the February compendium update?

Wuddy
February 7th, 2010, 05:27 AM
The DDI downloader has crashed 3 times while writing powers from the February update. This leaves me with no data from DDI. Since I already downloaded this data to the WotC Character Builder, I have one more shot for the month. I am presently not able to use any of the DDI functionality of Hero Lab while I wait for an answer to this problem, since my next attempt will be my download limit.

SAbel
February 7th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Thats wierd I did have to rerun the DDI downloader after the patch for Jan but it went through, the download was 4 hours though.
I also did not know there was a limit of how many downloads you can do per month, thanks for that update.

Wuddy
February 7th, 2010, 07:40 PM
There was another update February 2nd, that added the battlemind class and other things. Were you able to download that one?

I tried downloading the generic, non-account DDI data too and it still crashed while writing powers.

revlazaro
February 9th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Same problem here too. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit if that makes any difference, have tried numerous compatibility modes.

Edit: Also getting the same results on my Asus t91 WinXP tablet netbook.

Colen
February 11th, 2010, 09:58 AM
This is due to a bug in some new code, plus a compendium update I wasn't expecting. Sorry guys! I'm working to get this fixed right now.

Wuddy
February 11th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the update, I'm glad it's not just me. :)

Colen
February 11th, 2010, 04:01 PM
This is now fixed - download the February 4e update and re-run the downloader, and everything should be fine.

Wuddy
February 11th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I'm getting an error now, "Subscribe page encountered unexpectedly. Too many retries - abandoning this entry."

I guess that WotC cut off my download.

Colen
February 16th, 2010, 08:53 AM
That error message actually indicates a bug with the D&D compendium, I believe - at some times it seems to start displaying the "Subscribe" page unexpectedly, even for subscribers. :(

I don't know of anything you can do to fix this, other than wait a little while for it to clear up and then try again. The once or twice I've encountered it, I simply waited a few hours and ran the downloader again, and it resolved itself.

Hope this helps.