PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bug Reports - collection 4

Mathias
January 18th, 2010, 08:55 AM
The previous bug reports thread passed 100 posts, so I've decided to start a new one.

Mahrdol
January 18th, 2010, 07:36 PM
cleric fire domain has resist energy as the 3rd level domain spell, it should be fireball

thanks

Leonal
January 19th, 2010, 06:45 AM
A minor error, but the prestige class "Duelist" has [Tumble 5 ranks] listed as one of the requirements.
It should be [Acrobatics 2 ranks] for PRPG.

Thanks. :)

evilash
January 19th, 2010, 11:19 PM
A paladin of 3rd or lower level gets a channel energy of 0d6, which is shown both in HL and on the character sheet.

BlackHarlequin
January 23rd, 2010, 01:18 PM
Gnomes can now Speak with Animals, and are not limited to burrowing mammals under the Gnome Magic racial.

Maidhc O Casain
January 23rd, 2010, 01:22 PM
I'm making a Dragon Disciple of high enough level to get the Bite attack; it appears that HL is adding 1xSTR bonus rather than 1˝ times.

Thanks!

Maidhc O Casain
January 23rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Disguise skill lists as "-" and is grayed out on that same sheet. I think that means that HL interprets it as 'Trained Only?' It should read "5" (his CHA modifier).

Maidhc O Casain
January 23rd, 2010, 04:26 PM
One more - that same character has levels in Monk, the Defensive Combat Training feat and has a Monk's Robe (Wondrous Item) equipped. It looks as though it's adding the 5 levels of Monk from the Robe to his CMD as well as to his Unarmed damage and his AC.

I don't think this is supposed to be the case, though it's possible I missed something in the rules . . .

Aleslammer
January 25th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I didnt find anything about this in the forum but if it is a duplicate please forgive.

I was working with Spell Failure percentages and armor and when I create a Wizard immediatly go to Armor add full plate and equip it. When I switch back to the wizard tab it doesnt add any spell failure.

Also when I create a custom class and check the "Ignore Spell Failure" and add armor to the class I can actually get the "Chance of Spell Failure" to go to a negative percentage.

WarDawg
January 26th, 2010, 09:46 AM
The Spontaneous Casting is not showing up as a druid ability.

Drawdy
January 26th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I need to change Tempest to a scimitar. I have followed the instructions via Gizmo & bootstrap and everything seems to be in order. However, the scimtar version does not show up in my magic item list to purchase.

When I try to test item I get an error telling me the file is not found in the game setting's data folder. The file is actually in the data/d20/source folder which is where HL had it donwloaded to begin with. When I copy the file into the data folder (or what I really need is for it to be in the Pathfinder folder b/c we use PF, not d20 rules) I get duplication errors until I delete the newly created files.

I am wary of copying to a data folder and then deleting the original...

Is this actually a bug or am I screwing up something?

Mathias
January 27th, 2010, 12:18 AM
All new files are placed in the d20/data or pathfinder/data (or the appropriate data folder for the game system in question). Copying the entire legacy of fire file from the d20/data/source folder to pathfinder/data would create quite a lot of errors - you're copying every legacy of fire thing.

The source folder is just the source information - a reference, not the files that are actually used.

Because of changes between the d20 and Pathfinder systems, you'll likely run into errors by directly copying a d20 thing. Instead, go into the Pathfinder game system, and into the editor, create a new file, and fo to the magic weapons tab. Now, on the bottom left, press "New (Copy)", and in that list, find "Tempest". Now switch your new version to a scimitar, give it a new unique ID, save the file (as a NEW user file in the pathfinder/data folder), and press "Test Now!" Once that's done, you'll be able to use the revised version.

skinnerj
January 27th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Skill Craft Armor description says you are able to build traps

ShadowChemosh
January 30th, 2010, 10:17 PM
The Summary Text for the Suspicious trait has the following: +1 to Survival checks, Survival is always a class skill for you.

It should read: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Sense Motive checks, and Sense Motive is always a class skill for you.

djc664
February 3rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Heavy Horse is shown as Druid only Companion and is not allowed for a Paladin's mount; According to the book and not mentioned in errata, the Heavy Horse is the *usual* mount. :)

djc664
February 7th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Sling bullets are not resizing correctly. I made Small ones for a gnome bard in my party, and they are marked as "wrong size" and she cannot use them. It does mark them correctly at the name; no (s), but tiny and medium show the (t) & (m) accordingly. I've also tried making magical ones in Small, to no avail.

FifthWanderer
February 8th, 2010, 08:33 AM
Not sure about this one, but I'm posting it anyway.

Items made of special materials (i.e. Mithral Shirt) can't be enchanted in Hero Lab. I looked through the book and the only requirement I found for enchanting is a masterwork item.

Affected items: Adamantine Breastplate, Dwarven Plate, Dragonhide Plate, Elven Chain, Mithral Shirt, Darkwood Buckler, Darkwood Shield, Mithral Heavy Shield

djc664
February 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Not sure about this one, but I'm posting it anyway.

Items made of special materials (i.e. Mithral Shirt) can't be enchanted in Hero Lab. I looked through the book and the only requirement I found for enchanting is a masterwork item.

Affected items: Adamantine Breastplate, Dwarven Plate, Dragonhide Plate, Elven Chain, Mithral Shirt, Darkwood Buckler, Darkwood Shield, Mithral Heavy Shield

The items you mention are Specific Armors; special named armors are set up "as is". If you want one of those armors with additional enchantments, you want to create them as a custom item choosing the Material Used (i.e. dragon hide, adamantine, etc.) and including the additional enchantments as you like.

While you are correct that the special materials require only masterwork, in order to add any named enchantment (i.e. keen, shadowed, ghost touch, etc) to an armor or weapon, it has to be +1 first (which means it ALSO must be masterwork; HL will do that for you).

FifthWanderer
February 8th, 2010, 03:17 PM
From what I read in the Pathfinder book, these are the steps in creating a magic item:

1. Begin with a masterwork item. As I read it, the special materials all either explicitly state or imply that items made with them are masterwork.

2. Add a +x enhancement bonus.

3. Add any special abilities (keen, shadow, etc.).

What I was trying to do was make a Mithral Shirt +1, Shadow. I didn't find any reason in the Pathfinder book that I can't do that, but HL wouldn't let me use a mithral shirt as my base item.

Mathias
February 8th, 2010, 04:18 PM
A minor error, but the prestige class "Duelist" has [Tumble 5 ranks] listed as one of the requirements.
It should be [Acrobatics 2 ranks] for PRPG.

Thanks. :)

A paladin of 3rd or lower level gets a channel energy of 0d6, which is shown both in HL and on the character sheet.

Gnomes can now Speak with Animals, and are not limited to burrowing mammals under the Gnome Magic racial.

I'm making a Dragon Disciple of high enough level to get the Bite attack; it appears that HL is adding 1xSTR bonus rather than 1˝ times.

Thanks!

Disguise skill lists as "-" and is grayed out on that same sheet. I think that means that HL interprets it as 'Trained Only?' It should read "5" (his CHA modifier).

Fixed all these in the next update. Thank you all.

Mathias
February 8th, 2010, 04:21 PM
One more - that same character has levels in Monk, the Defensive Combat Training feat and has a Monk's Robe (Wondrous Item) equipped. It looks as though it's adding the 5 levels of Monk from the Robe to his CMD as well as to his Unarmed damage and his AC.

I don't think this is supposed to be the case, though it's possible I missed something in the rules . . .

Check the description of the Monk's AC bonus ability - the bonus applies to AC and CMD.

Mathias
February 8th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I didnt find anything about this in the forum but if it is a duplicate please forgive.

I was working with Spell Failure percentages and armor and when I create a Wizard immediatly go to Armor add full plate and equip it. When I switch back to the wizard tab it doesnt add any spell failure.

Also when I create a custom class and check the "Ignore Spell Failure" and add armor to the class I can actually get the "Chance of Spell Failure" to go to a negative percentage.

These were the same bug. Thanks for catching it.

Mathias
February 8th, 2010, 04:41 PM
The Spontaneous Casting is not showing up as a druid ability.

Skill Craft Armor description says you are able to build traps

The Summary Text for the Suspicious trait has the following: +1 to Survival checks, Survival is always a class skill for you.

It should read: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Sense Motive checks, and Sense Motive is always a class skill for you.

Fixed all these in the next update. Thanks for the reports.

Mathias
February 8th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Heavy Horse is shown as Druid only Companion and is not allowed for a Paladin's mount; According to the book and not mentioned in errata, the Heavy Horse is the *usual* mount. :)

The Horse shows up an a companion option for me when I add 5 levels of Paladin, then select a mount, and edit that mount. Could you tell me more about what you're seeing or not seeing? Does your character have levels of any other companion granting classes (Ranger, Druid, Animal-Domain Cleric)?

Mathias
February 8th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Sling bullets are not resizing correctly. I made Small ones for a gnome bard in my party, and they are marked as "wrong size" and she cannot use them. It does mark them correctly at the name; no (s), but tiny and medium show the (t) & (m) accordingly. I've also tried making magical ones in Small, to no avail.

When I create a 1st level gnome bard, and add a sling and sling bullets, I don't see any errors. I didn't touch the weapon size selector, since it's set by the race.

Why change the size of the bullets? The sling itself calculates the damage for being a size S weapon.

Mathias
February 8th, 2010, 05:25 PM
From what I read in the Pathfinder book, these are the steps in creating a magic item:

1. Begin with a masterwork item. As I read it, the special materials all either explicitly state or imply that items made with them are masterwork.

2. Add a +x enhancement bonus.

3. Add any special abilities (keen, shadow, etc.).

What I was trying to do was make a Mithral Shirt +1, Shadow. I didn't find any reason in the Pathfinder book that I can't do that, but HL wouldn't let me use a mithral shirt as my base item.

djc664's answer to your previous question was correct - a +1 mithral shirt is created in HL by creating custom armor, and selecting the mithral material and a +1 bonus. If you create a custom armor, using the mithral material and no bonus, it will be identical in stats to the mithral shirt item.

djc664
February 8th, 2010, 08:17 PM
The Horse shows up an a companion option for me when I add 5 levels of Paladin, then select a mount, and edit that mount. Could you tell me more about what you're seeing or not seeing? Does your character have levels of any other companion granting classes (Ranger, Druid, Animal-Domain Cleric)?

Not "Horse", but "Horse, Heavy". Essentially the House w/ the advanced animal template. I can select it with an error trigger if I set my Paladin to "Do not limit Companion races". The code for the animal I'm referring to is rmHorseHvy.

This is specific to Paladins, though. Druids and Rangers would not be able to choose this selection. Details on this regarding the paladin mount choices are on p.63 of the core rulebook.

djc664
February 8th, 2010, 08:27 PM
When I create a 1st level gnome bard, and add a sling and sling bullets, I don't see any errors. I didn't touch the weapon size selector, since it's set by the race.

Why change the size of the bullets? The sling itself calculates the damage for being a size S weapon.

I didn't change it until I got the error. It gives the no-smoking cross out and the error popup text says they are the wrong size. No matter what size I made them, I got the same error; that was what I was trying to relate.

Can l send you the character file to see what I mean?

Mathias
February 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Not "Horse", but "Horse, Heavy". Essentially the House w/ the advanced animal template. I can select it with an error trigger if I set my Paladin to "Do not limit Companion races". The code for the animal I'm referring to is rmHorseHvy.

This is specific to Paladins, though. Druids and Rangers would not be able to choose this selection. Details on this regarding the paladin mount choices are on p.63 of the core rulebook.

All other animal companion choices have a sort of statblock for the companion stats, either on pgs 53-54 in the Druid section, or in the Bestiary. I disagree with your interpretation, and think that the Heavy Horse listing for Paladins refers to the same Horse animal companion that Druids can take. A 5th level animal companion Horse is superior to a Heavy Horse with no animal companion improvements.

The other option would be to go to the classes tab, and add the Advanced Creature template to your Horse animal companion.

Mathias
February 9th, 2010, 09:10 AM
I didn't change it until I got the error. It gives the no-smoking cross out and the error popup text says they are the wrong size. No matter what size I made them, I got the same error; that was what I was trying to relate.

Can l send you the character file to see what I mean?

Is the no-smoking crossout where you would normally find the equip buttons for a weapon, or is it attached to the name? If it's replacing the equip buttons, that's because you can't equip the sling stones - you equip the sling. Arrows only have equip buttons because they can be used in melee as an improvised dagger.

If it is by the name, my email is my user name here, @wolflair.com.

djc664
February 12th, 2010, 08:57 AM
All other animal companion choices have a sort of statblock for the companion stats, either on pgs 53-54 in the Druid section, or in the Bestiary. I disagree with your interpretation, and think that the Heavy Horse listing for Paladins refers to the same Horse animal companion that Druids can take. A 5th level animal companion Horse is superior to a Heavy Horse with no animal companion improvements.

I obviously disagree, as I believe there would be no reason for them to add something named "Heavy Horse" specifically in the bestiary, or release that page as part of the early bonus if they had not meant it to be used. However, I can see your points and it's just a my word v. your word anyway. Furthermore, it's a nitpick at this point, since the program allows me to "break the rules" and do different things as you point out. Yay good programming! :)

All the same, I'd prefer to know one way or the other. I'm endevouring to get an official ruling on this in Paizo's messageboard, but so far I've not been noticed / ignored. If you have any path for recognition, I'd appreciate it. :)

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG/rules/wasTheDevIntentForAPaladinMountToStartWithAnAnimal WithAnAdvTemplate

djc664
February 12th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Is the no-smoking crossout where you would normally find the equip buttons for a weapon, or is it attached to the name? If it's replacing the equip buttons, that's because you can't equip the sling stones - you equip the sling. Arrows only have equip buttons because they can be used in melee as an improvised dagger.

Ahh. The improvised dagger point was missed, and the error message threw me. I suppose changing it from "not the right size" error to "used as ammo only" or something would be the bug then? ;)

I do have an actual bug this time (I promise!).. edit: two found. Is it easier if I include them in a single post, or are separate post per bug better?:

First, I want to apologize for how I found this out. I swear I'm not the GM of this character, and had no say in allowing its creation. I'm just trying to get it to be converted to PF from 3.5 for the player in our game.

1. When making a halfling rogue w/ the half-dragon template (lord help me), I found that the claws and bite are not being resized as small according to p302 of the Bestiary.

2. The Half-dragon template is not making Fly a class skill (when given a fly speed, the fly skill description states that it is gained as a class skill)

Mathias
February 16th, 2010, 11:52 AM
1. When making a halfling rogue w/ the half-dragon template (lord help me), I found that the claws and bite are not being resized as small according to p302 of the Bestiary.

The bug actually applied to all template-granted natural attacks. It'll be fixed in the next update - template-granted natural attacks will resize themselves with the race size.

2. The Half-dragon template is not making Fly a class skill (when given a fly speed, the fly skill description states that it is gained as a class skill)

I had caught this one while working on the Bestiary information - the fly special (if not assigned a tag saying it's non-natural, for example a fly spell or boots of flying), will make fly a class skill. It'll also handle the size and maneuverability bonuses properly.

Thanks for catching these.

djc664
February 17th, 2010, 07:37 AM
No problem! I love the program, and have a vested interest in it working 100%. :) Got two more, one is minor:

1. The continuing escapades of the halfling dragon has one more thing I can't place: CMD doesn't add up right

The character is an 8th level halfing rogue with the Half-Dragon (copper) Template. He has 24 str, 20 dex after the halfling race, 2 level stat bumps (one in Str, one in Con) and the template. So his CMD shows on the page

10 +6 BAB +7 Str +5 Dex -1 Size
Total = 28

? Should be 27.

Near as I can tell, the size modifier isn't being applied but is being shown on the character sheet export. None of his magical equipment modifies any of those stats.

2. Cleave short description for character sheet output has 3.5 description (extra attack after kill strike) and not Pathfinder version (extra attack against adjacent opponent if first is successful).

Mathias
February 17th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Once the next version is out, check these again - I think they're things I've caught since the last update.

bocephus
February 18th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Bug:
In the PDF generation/preview, with Feat descriptions turned on, only the first 3 lines of the Feats/Traits/Flaws and Specail Ability Descriptions are displayed. The rest is cut off.

Ex:
Swift Tracker (Ex)
Beginning at 8th level, a ranger can move at his normal speed while using
Surivival to follow tracks without taking the normal -5 penalty. He takes only a
-10 penalty (instead of the normal -20) when moving at up to twice normal

It ends there. 'speed while tracking.' is cutoff

Bug:
In PDF generation/preview, the skills Knowledge: Dungeoneering and Knowledge: The Planes are displayed in a smaller font than the rest of the skills.

Possible Bug:
Companion animal's inventory does not get printed in last sheet. In the case of this particular character, it was a horse. He's a ranger and has half his gear stowed in saddlebags. It does show up if I print the full sheet for the horse though.

FifthWanderer
February 19th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Masterwork Thieves' Tools don't add their bonus to Disable Device.

Donkey or Mule is missing from the mounts/hireling list.

The names and costs of mounts have been changed. A Light Warhorse is now a Horse, Light (combat-trained) and costs 110g not 150.

Mathias
February 19th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Bug:
In the PDF generation/preview, with Feat descriptions turned on, only the first 3 lines of the Feats/Traits/Flaws and Specail Ability Descriptions are displayed. The rest is cut off.

Right-click on the "Show Feat/Ability Descriptions" option - it says "Selecting this option shows up to 3 lines of description summary under each feat or special ability in output". I plan to eventually offer the option to choose between a summary, which shows what it does now, and a full description, but that will require re-arranging a few things on the character sheet, since even one feat with its full description wouldn't fit on the first page of most character sheets.

Bug:
In PDF generation/preview, the skills Knowledge: Dungeoneering and Knowledge: The Planes are displayed in a smaller font than the rest of the skills.

That's intentional - the name is resized to fit in the available space, rather than chopping it off if it's too wide.

Possible Bug:
Companion animal's inventory does not get printed in last sheet. In the case of this particular character, it was a horse. He's a ranger and has half his gear stowed in saddlebags. It does show up if I print the full sheet for the horse though.

To be fixed, thanks for the report.

Mathias
February 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Masterwork Thieves' Tools don't add their bonus to Disable Device.

Already on my to-do list.

Donkey or Mule is missing from the mounts/hireling list.

This is because there's no Bestiary entry for Donkey/Mule, so I don't have any information about the Donkey race. I'd suggest adding a custom location in your gear list and naming it "Mule" - that way you can move equipment to it and remove the weight from your character.

The names and costs of mounts have been changed. A Light Warhorse is now a Horse, Light (combat-trained) and costs 110g not 150.

Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

TCArknight
February 19th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up, but Shuriken should be treated as Ammunition for Masterwork, Magic abilities, etc...

Glyph
February 21st, 2010, 08:11 AM
The Far Shot feat description says that the penalty should be -1 per range increment rather than -2, but on the character sheet it's increasing the actual range by 50%...

baez
February 22nd, 2010, 12:11 AM
Shuriken range increment is listed at 20 feet, but the Pathfinder Core book says it is 10 feet. Is it possible to edit my local data files to fix this, or do we have to wait for an official patch?

Thanks!

-joe

Mathias
February 22nd, 2010, 08:32 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up, but Shuriken should be treated as Ammunition for Masterwork, Magic abilities, etc...

To be fixed. Thanks for the report.

The fix was simpler than I thought - fixed in the next update.

Mathias
February 22nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
The Far Shot feat description says that the penalty should be -1 per range increment rather than -2, but on the character sheet it's increasing the actual range by 50%...

Mathias
February 22nd, 2010, 08:45 AM
Shuriken range increment is listed at 20 feet, but the Pathfinder Core book says it is 10 feet. Is it possible to edit my local data files to fix this, or do we have to wait for an official patch?

Thanks!

-joe

Open the editor from the tools menu, and create a new file in the editor. In the weapons tab, press "New (Copy)" on the bottom left, and in that list, find shuriken. Write down its unique Id ("wShuriken"). Now select it from that list. Enter that unique ID into the "Replaces Thing Id" box, which you'll find on the right-hand edge, around the center. Give the weapon a new Unique Id at the top (like "wShurikenA"). Now in the main section of the editor, find the range increment selector, and change it from 20 to 10. Save your replacement, press the "Test Now!" button on the top left, and you're done.

stormraven
February 25th, 2010, 09:35 AM
I haven't read through all the bug reports, so my apologies if this is redundant.

It appears that the tool miscalculates the CMD when a Monk character takes the feat Defense Combat Training. It looks like instead of making the BAB = Character Level (the definition of the feat) it instead doubles the WIS bonus to CMD that the Monk receives as a Class ability. I did some testing on a 1st Level Monk and with DCT as a Feat, any adjustment I made to my Wisdom made a 2 point change in the CMD.

Follow-up question - is there a scheduled release date for all the bug fixes you folks are making? :)

Mathias
February 25th, 2010, 11:50 AM
The Defensive Combat Training/Monk bug has been previously reported.

Triphammer13
February 25th, 2010, 09:14 PM
The Wisdom in the Flesh trait should allow the user to add +1 to any Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution based skill and allow that skill to become a class skill.

Although, the skill can be chosen and a +1 is added, the skill does not turn blue and become a class skill.

bittergeek
February 26th, 2010, 07:45 PM
I'm able to select Leopard as the race for a ranger's animal companion, but get the stats for the Cheetah instead (they are similar, but have separate entries in the Bestiary).

BlackHarlequin
March 1st, 2010, 08:05 AM
I'm able to select Leopard as the race for a ranger's animal companion, but get the stats for the Cheetah instead (they are similar, but have separate entries in the Bestiary).

That's because you don't use the stats out of the beastiary for animal companions, you use the stats from the Animal Companion section listed under druid. Leopard and Cheetah are both under the Cat, Small heading.

Mathias
March 1st, 2010, 08:15 AM
The Wisdom in the Flesh trait should allow the user to add +1 to any Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution based skill and allow that skill to become a class skill.

Although, the skill can be chosen and a +1 is added, the skill does not turn blue and become a class skill.

TopCat
March 7th, 2010, 04:34 AM
There's a small bug with the paladin. If you create an 8th-level paladin from scratch, Aura of Resolve is correctly shown on-screen but doesn't appear on the printed character sheet.

Tilquinith
March 7th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Bug:

the height and weight is still being calculated with 3.5 rules, at least for elves. It's telling me my 6'2" elf is outside the normal height range for my race which isn't the case according to the core rulebook.

Thanks

Mathias
March 8th, 2010, 08:01 AM
There's a small bug with the paladin. If you create an 8th-level paladin from scratch, Aura of Resolve is correctly shown on-screen but doesn't appear on the printed character sheet.

It's actually hiding under the saving throws with all the other immunities, but that isn't really where it should be - it'll be in the regular list in the next update, thanks for the report.

Mathias
March 8th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Bug:

the height and weight is still being calculated with 3.5 rules, at least for elves. It's telling me my 6'2" elf is outside the normal height range for my race which isn't the case according to the core rulebook.

Thanks

Previously reported, this will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for the report.

Virtue
March 8th, 2010, 09:33 AM
On the Tengu his Steathy Racial Trait only is giving the Plus to Perception not Stealth also

Mathias
March 8th, 2010, 09:49 AM
On the Tengu his Steathy Racial Trait only is giving the Plus to Perception not Stealth also

Tilquinith
March 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM
When you go to the Wizard Tab, and go to select your specialized school and opposition schools, those sections expand, causing the spellbook and spells memorized section to go below the bottom level of my screen. If you guys could make it so I can scroll down on that page I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm using a smallish 10.1 inch screen on a net book, so on most computers it might not even be an issue.

TheStiegler
March 13th, 2010, 05:16 PM
So far working on my Druid I've found two problems.

I cast Animal Growth on my Bear Animal Companion, so I went to the adjustments tab and made all the necessary changes, but the size increase didn't boost my bear's natural weapons damage dice. So I did the weapon size increase adjustment, and that didn't change the number's either.

The Amulet of Mighty Fists +4 is listed as costing 96000 gold, but in the Pathfinder book and SRD, it's 80000 gold.

Wolfthulhu
March 16th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Noticed while making a Dwarf Inquisitor; Dwarfs are not proficient with the 'Dwarf' weapons.

Actually, it seems to be the same with all Racial weapon proficiencies. Is this a known issue, I cou;dn't find anything with a brief search.

Mathias
March 16th, 2010, 07:56 AM
Noticed while making a Dwarf Inquisitor; Dwarfs are not proficient with the 'Dwarf' weapons.

Please re-read the dwarves' weapon familiarity ability - the "dwarven" weapons become martial, not proficient, and inquisitors only get simple weapon proficiency. The battleaxe, heavy pick and warhammer proficiencies are working correctly.

Wolfthulhu
March 16th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Please re-read the dwarves' weapon familiarity ability - the "dwarven" weapons become martial, not proficient, and inquisitors only get simple weapon proficiency. The battleaxe, heavy pick and warhammer proficiencies are working correctly.

Gah... those little changes are still getting me. :-/

Thanks.

Mathias
March 17th, 2010, 09:23 AM
So far working on my Druid I've found two problems.

I cast Animal Growth on my Bear Animal Companion, so I went to the adjustments tab and made all the necessary changes, but the size increase didn't boost my bear's natural weapons damage dice. So I did the weapon size increase adjustment, and that didn't change the number's either.

The Amulet of Mighty Fists +4 is listed as costing 96000 gold, but in the Pathfinder book and SRD, it's 80000 gold.

The problem with natural weapon re-sizing will be fixed in the next few weeks.

All the levels of the Amulet of Mighty Fists were still using their d20 prices, which are different from their Pathfinder prices - those will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks for the reports.

Munktar
March 17th, 2010, 12:20 PM
I found 2 small errors, of 1 I am not sure...

The trait Child of the Temple has not got a pulldown choice you can make.
It says nothing o select, and is kept as an error

The feat Double slice does not work for double weapons, Do i understand the feat wrong, or is it not implemented right?

Virtue
March 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Can we please have an optional rule that allows the PCs to pick any languages at 1st level not just the ones that come from its race

modus0
March 17th, 2010, 03:00 PM
When adding levels beyond 20th, even after selecting the appropriate level with Configure Hero, the program is asking for more XP for the +20 levels.

It's saying I need another 5,700,000 XP to get to 21st level, despite having that much XP, and thus eligible for 21st level.

Also, for the Experience under the Class tab, it's showing Experience as 5,700,000/11,400,000 with only 20 levels chosen

That last bit should show 5,700,000/9,900,000, as that's the amount of XP necessary to get to 22nd level.

If I add my 21st level, it says I don't have enough XP, and the XP amount changes to 5,700,000/15,600,000.

ShadowChemosh
March 17th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Hide Shirt(Id:mPFHideShi) has a Armor Bonus of zero. In the Editor its listed with a Armor Bonus of -None-. It should have a Armor Bonus of 4. Their is also no description for this item.

ShadowChemosh
March 17th, 2010, 07:53 PM
The Council of Thieves campaign trait Conspiracy Hunter(id: trPFConHun) is missing the skill Knowledge(local) as one of the choices to choose from.

TopCat
March 18th, 2010, 01:24 AM
The Alchemist 1st-level ability Throw Anything (bonus feat) is correctly applied, but the description on the Special Abilities popup says that the alchemist gains Brew Potion as a bonus feat. The text that appears on the Special tab and on the printed character sheet is correct, though.

TopCat
March 18th, 2010, 02:18 AM
The gnome racial abilities lists Obsessive and gives a dropdown to select the obsession. The dropdown has nothing to select in it. Given that the gnome obsessions are supposed to be obscure and out of the ordinary, I think this would be better as a text box for free entry.

Mathias
March 19th, 2010, 09:25 AM
I found 2 small errors, of 1 I am not sure...

The trait Child of the Temple has not got a pulldown choice you can make.
It says nothing o select, and is kept as an error

The Council of Thieves campaign trait Conspiracy Hunter(id: trPFConHun) is missing the skill Knowledge(local) as one of the choices to choose from.

The gnome racial abilities lists Obsessive and gives a dropdown to select the obsession. The dropdown has nothing to select in it. Given that the gnome obsessions are supposed to be obscure and out of the ordinary, I think this would be better as a text box for free entry.

A skill bonus can't be applied to a skill that isn't present on your character. You must go to the skills tab and add any craft/knowledge/profession/performance skills you want your character to have before you can apply a bonus to them.

Mathias
March 19th, 2010, 09:51 AM
The feat Double slice does not work for double weapons, Do i understand the feat wrong, or is it not implemented right?

As far as I can tell, double slice should apply to double weapons. This will be fixed in the next update - thanks for the report.

Mathias
March 19th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Hide Shirt(Id:mPFHideShi) has a Armor Bonus of zero. In the Editor its listed with a Armor Bonus of -None-. It should have a Armor Bonus of 4. Their is also no description for this item.

The AC will be fixed in the next update. Thanks for the report.

Mathias
March 19th, 2010, 10:58 AM
The Alchemist 1st-level ability Throw Anything (bonus feat) is correctly applied, but the description on the Special Abilities popup says that the alchemist gains Brew Potion as a bonus feat. The text that appears on the Special tab and on the printed character sheet is correct, though.

Mathias
March 19th, 2010, 11:19 AM
When adding levels beyond 20th, even after selecting the appropriate level with Configure Hero, the program is asking for more XP for the +20 levels.

It's saying I need another 5,700,000 XP to get to 21st level, despite having that much XP, and thus eligible for 21st level.

Also, for the Experience under the Class tab, it's showing Experience as 5,700,000/11,400,000 with only 20 levels chosen

That last bit should show 5,700,000/9,900,000, as that's the amount of XP necessary to get to 22nd level.

If I add my 21st level, it says I don't have enough XP, and the XP amount changes to 5,700,000/15,600,000.

Thanks for the report - this is fixed in the next update, and I apologize for missing something like this when I added the levels above 20 XP calculations.

Mathias
March 19th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Can we please have an optional rule that allows the PCs to pick any languages at 1st level not just the ones that come from its race

I'll keep this in mind for future updates. In the meantime, it's easy to fix yourself - go into the editor, make a copy of the race you want to use, give it a new unique Id, put the old unique Id in the "Replaces Thing Id" box on the right-hand side, and then in the "Languages Allowed" button, press "Select None", then check the "Any" option that will be near the top of the list. Save and test your race, and now that race will allow any language (other than secret languges like Druidic). You can then email the file to the rest of your group so they're using the same replacement.

Even easier is to just add the language and ignore the validation error - the design philosophy for Hero Lab is that as much as possible, we shouldn't prevent a user from breaking the rules - just warn them when they've done so.

Glyph
March 20th, 2010, 04:42 AM
I've just downloaded 2.5 and think I've spooted a bug with fighters - it looks like it's not applying the armour training bonus to skills...

Also on the printable character sheet could the description of the wizard schools be expanded - currently it just lists them but it would be useful if it stated which ones were specialist and opposition?

Vromax
March 20th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I just updated to 3.6 and PF 2.5 and the 'fighter' tab doesn't show any thing except for the three buttons for attacks, saves, and special. Its completely blank. Doesn't seem to be the case with the other classes, though I haven't loaded each one of them yet. Help! :-)

Ok, I've loaded a 1st level character for every class and they all show the class tab correctly except for the Fighter which is as I describe above.

Mathias
March 20th, 2010, 11:19 AM
I just updated to 3.6 and PF 2.5 and the 'fighter' tab doesn't show any thing except for the three buttons for attacks, saves, and special. Its completely blank. Doesn't seem to be the case with the other classes, though I haven't loaded each one of them yet. Help! :-)

Ok, I've loaded a 1st level character for every class and they all show the class tab correctly except for the Fighter which is as I describe above.

I've figured out what's going wrong, and hopefully we'll be able to get a new version out soon to fix this.

I apologize for creating that. I thought I looked at all the class panels, but I obviously didn't look hard enough.

Vromax
March 20th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks Mathias. FYI. The Fighter panel appears properly for characters that were already created. The error above only shows for newly created characters.

kargoth
March 20th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Hey, just got the new download and started testing out the summoner. I made a 7th level summoner and it only shows that he knows 0 and 1st level spells instead of 0-3. Do I need to re-download the update because it didn't update properly or was this a simple oversight?:confused: Thanks again for a really nice product.:)

Glyph
March 21st, 2010, 12:39 AM
Mathias, thanks for the quick update but I still think there is a problem with the Fighters armour training ability.

If I create a 7th level fighter on the fighter tab it tells me I've got armour training 2. If I then purchase Banded Mail (check penalty -6) it shows on the armour tab as a penalty of -4, which is correct. However if I actually equip it it applies the full -6 penalty to the skills.

Help!

Mathias
March 22nd, 2010, 08:54 AM
I've just downloaded 2.5 and think I've spooted a bug with fighters - it looks like it's not applying the armour training bonus to skills...

Also on the printable character sheet could the description of the wizard schools be expanded - currently it just lists them but it would be useful if it stated which ones were specialist and opposition?

To be fixed.

Mathias
March 22nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks Mathias. FYI. The Fighter panel appears properly for characters that were already created. The error above only shows for newly created characters.

The actual problem had to do with the height of the contents - if there was enough height to show everything, it was accidently setting the width of the contents to 0. If there wasn't enough height available (which would be common for characters with many bonus feats and weapon trainings), then the code went down a different path that set the width properly.

Mathias
March 22nd, 2010, 09:02 AM
Hey, just got the new download and started testing out the summoner. I made a 7th level summoner and it only shows that he knows 0 and 1st level spells instead of 0-3. Do I need to re-download the update because it didn't update properly or was this a simple oversight?:confused: Thanks again for a really nice product.:)

Fixed in the next update. Thanks for the report, and I'm sorry for creating this problem.

TheStiegler
May 15th, 2010, 04:27 PM
The problem with natural weapon re-sizing will be fixed in the next few weeks.

All the levels of the Amulet of Mighty Fists were still using their d20 prices, which are different from their Pathfinder prices - those will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks for the reports.

I checked again with version 3.6a and the natural weapon resizing still isn't working. Is it possible that it's because I had already selected Improved Natural Weapon? If so, why doesn't work for the attack I didn't upgrade, either?

Flamingplatypus
May 16th, 2010, 01:34 AM
"Advanced Creature - Animal" template says both +4 to Intelligence and that animals don't get enhanced Intelligence with the template. It also does add in +4 to Int when you choose it.

Maidhc O Casain
May 16th, 2010, 06:12 AM
"Advanced Creature - Animal" template says both +4 to Intelligence and that animals don't get enhanced Intelligence with the template. It also does add in +4 to Int when you choose it.

There's been some discussion of the Advanced Templates on the ENWorld (and I'm sure the Paizo) boards. James Jacobs has stated that 'Animals' have 2 INT - adding the Advanced template to an Animal should not increase it's INT. (At least, that's what I understood him to say).

Fnordboy
May 17th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Familiar HP calculation is troublesome...

When I change my wizard's current HP max (through the false Life spell), I use the Temporary Adjustment tab to increase his HP total. But this also increases the HP total of his familiar. I would think that since it is only a "Temporary Adjustment" that this shouldn't happen. I could see this happening if I applied a permanent HP adjustment, but I think this should be fixed.

Fnordboy
May 17th, 2010, 02:02 AM
There's inaccurate information for the "Share Spells" ability for familiars. From the Rules:
Share Spells: The wizard may cast a spell with a target
of “You” on his familiar (as a touch spell) instead of on
himself. A wizard may cast spells on his familiar even if
the spells do not normally affect creatures of the familiar’s
type (magical beast).

It's an OR choice, but HL notates it as an EITHER/OR/BOTH choice.

Thanks!

Cesare
May 17th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I was trying to make a skeletal triceratops today, but the skeletal template is screwy. Instead of replacing the creature's 14 HD like it should, it adds an extra 14 HD to the creature. What should I do?

Virtue
May 17th, 2010, 07:12 AM
I think both the Skeletal and Zombie Templates are messed up

Segallion
May 17th, 2010, 07:49 AM
I have created a Sorc 4, Fighter 1, Dragon Disciple 1. Breath weapon should not be available until 9th level, yet she shows as having a Breath weapon available.

Twowolves
May 17th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I tried making a witch this weekend, and none of the witch-specific familiars (pig, goat, etc) were available from the familiar button. The bonus spells for these familiars were there in their place, but it was impossible to meet the criteria ("Requires Pig Familiar").

Mathias
May 17th, 2010, 09:58 AM

I've gotten the +4 INT fixed for the next update. I know I had this working at one time, so I suspect I re-copied the regular advanced template and forgot to re-delete the INT modifier at some point. Thanks for the report.

Mathias
May 17th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I was trying to make a skeletal triceratops today, but the skeletal template is screwy. Instead of replacing the creature's 14 HD like it should, it adds an extra 14 HD to the creature. What should I do?

I think both the Skeletal and Zombie Templates are messed up

Fixed both of the templates. Thanks for the reports.

Mathias
May 17th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I tried making a witch this weekend, and none of the witch-specific familiars (pig, goat, etc) were available from the familiar button. The bonus spells for these familiars were there in their place, but it was impossible to meet the criteria ("Requires Pig Familiar").

When selecting the Witch class, this problem is noted at the bottom of the description text for the class. The stats for the pig and goat have not been published by Paizo, so there's nothing to add to HL yet.

Mathias
May 17th, 2010, 10:27 AM
I have created a Sorc 4, Fighter 1, Dragon Disciple 1. Breath weapon should not be available until 9th level, yet she shows as having a Breath weapon available.

I've put this on my to-do list. Thanks for the report. As far as I can see, it's only showing as valid on the Dragon Disciple class tab, it's not being displayed on the special tab or the printout. Is that what you're seeing?

Cesare
May 17th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Fixed both of the templates. Thanks for the reports.

Do I need to download anything or will it work properly automatically?

Virtue
May 18th, 2010, 07:30 AM
When will this update be out?

Mathias
May 18th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Do I need to download anything or will it work properly automatically?

I've only fixed it on my copy at this point. When we publish the next update for the Pathfinder files, the page in Hero Lab where you select which game system you'll be working with will inform you that there is an update available for the Pathfinder files. I'll also post an announcement on this forum.

This will probably happen in about a week.

BenT1
May 18th, 2010, 01:39 PM
It would be nice, if when looking at the debugging reports for tags, fields, etc, if you could resize the width of the columns by grabbing a dragging the lines. There are times when the information is wider than you can resize by just resizing the windows. Also being able to select and copy from these windows would also be useful. Save some swapping back and forth, possibly.

BenT1
:rolleyes:

bittergeek
May 18th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I created a high-level Oracle with the Lore mystery, and chose Sidestep Secret as a revelation (which uses CHA in place of DEX for AC and Reflex saves). Armor class wasn't calculated correctly, not even flat-footed which theoretically wouldn't even include the altered calculation.

An oracle created at 1st level with the same revelation does appear to get the math right, so I don't know the exact reproduction steps.

Also for oracles: the spells known list is incorrect. It shows both cure and inflict spells, when the oracle must choose one or the other at 1st level. It also shows cure/inflict spells the character cannot cast yet, instead of having them added only when the oracle reaches a level to cast them.

There should be a scroll bar for large numbers of languages. Currently it just truncates the list, with no way to view the rest not displayed.

Portable holes are not shown as containers.

(Sorry if these seem informal and lack data. I can submit lovely error reports with detailed repro steps if you need them, I just haven't been doing serious testing.)

Theocrat
May 18th, 2010, 10:28 PM
I am unsure if this has been addressed...Animal Companions get traits? I haven't seen this in the rules, but when applying abilities for the Animal Companion I have the option of adding two traits.

Mathias
May 21st, 2010, 09:20 AM
I created a high-level Oracle with the Lore mystery, and chose Sidestep Secret as a revelation (which uses CHA in place of DEX for AC and Reflex saves). Armor class wasn't calculated correctly, not even flat-footed which theoretically wouldn't even include the altered calculation.

An oracle created at 1st level with the same revelation does appear to get the math right, so I don't know the exact reproduction steps.

I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. Could you tell me more about the character? Armor worn, encumbrance level, ability scores, feats?

And I disagree with you about the flat-footed. The CHA modifier is used instead of the DEX modifier, which suggests that all the normal things that alter DEX AC, like flat-footed or armor max DEX apply to that, too. I'll be happy to change it if you have official errata.

Also for oracles: the spells known list is incorrect. It shows both cure and inflict spells, when the oracle must choose one or the other at 1st level. It also shows cure/inflict spells the character cannot cast yet, instead of having them added only when the oracle reaches a level to cast them.

Previously reported, I just haven't had time to fix this yet. (It has been a while since the original report so it's become pretty buried, so re-posting it isn't a problem).

There should be a scroll bar for large numbers of languages. Currently it just truncates the list, with no way to view the rest not displayed.

Portable holes are not shown as containers.

Fixed in the next update, thanks for the reports.

Mathias
May 21st, 2010, 09:24 AM
I am unsure if this has been addressed...Animal Companions get traits? I haven't seen this in the rules, but when applying abilities for the Animal Companion I have the option of adding two traits.

I had originally decided to leave them the option to do so, in case a DM said you could add traits to your animal companion/familiar/etc., but having that purple "Choose 2" suggests that it's actually available, rather than something that could be house ruled in, so I plan to remove it.

kunger00
May 22nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
I ran across something interesting... for an adventure I'm running, I needed skeletal dire rats. Easy enough to do without the editor I thought.

Created a new hero, selected Dire Rat for the race, changed the alignment to Neutral Evil (since the skeleton template wouldn't become selectable until I did), and added the Skeleton Template.

When I do this, I get an error on the hero saying that to many skill points have been spent. The problem seems to be that the 1 rank in Stealth the dire rat has isn't liked by the Skeletal Template.

Upon playing around with it, it seems that the Skeleton template has a problem with some races, and not others. It sometimes doubles the HD and errors out on skill points.

It appears that anything that has racial HD rather than classes only, seems to have the issue.

Is this a bug? or am I misusing the Skeleton Template?

Mathias
May 24th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I'm afraid you'll need to duplicate the existing Dire Rat in the editor to create a version without pre-assigned feats or skills in order to not have the skill error.

The bug with the Skeleton (and Zombie) template HD was previously reported, and will be fixed in the next update.

bittergeek
May 24th, 2010, 07:03 PM
The oracle sidestep secret error I reported was my fault, I found where I had screwed that up, sorry. It does explain why I couldn't reproduce it, though. ;)

Other oracle issues... (more like feature requests than bugs)

The Arcane Archivist revelation allows the character to cast arcane spells contained in a spellbook. However, I don't see a way to add a spellbook to the character like a wizard. Casting in this way erases the spell from the book, so such a spellbook should allow spells to be written multiple times.

The Spontaneous Symbology revelation permits the character to cast all "symbol" spells even if not in the list of spells known. Mechanically, these spells should be added as bonus spells at the appropriate levels so that they can be displayed in the Spells & Powers sheet. Otherwise they won't show up without consuming a known spell slot or added after all permitted spells known have been selected and displaying a validation error.

I've found a bunch of errors in descriptive text, either text for the wrong thing or what looks like d20 SRD copy-pasta not correctly updated to Pathfinder. Is that worth reporting here? I don't want to flood the thread with twinky cut-and-paste bugs and waste developer time that could be better spent if you'd rather I hold off.

TheStiegler
May 26th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I checked again with version 3.6a and the natural weapon resizing still isn't working. Is it possible that it's because I had already selected Improved Natural Weapon? If so, why doesn't work for the attack I didn't upgrade, either?

Any idea what's going on with this one?

Maidhc O Casain
May 29th, 2010, 04:28 AM
Bought a Composite Longbow (STR +4). HeroLab correctly calculated the cost (800) and deducted the appropriate amount, but in the '?' (Information) tooltip on the equipment list it's giving it a value of 1200.

Mathias
June 1st, 2010, 09:49 AM
The Arcane Archivist revelation allows the character to cast arcane spells contained in a spellbook. However, I don't see a way to add a spellbook to the character like a wizard. Casting in this way erases the spell from the book, so such a spellbook should allow spells to be written multiple times.

The custom scroll item (the first thing in the list on the Magic tab) should be a good way to store the spells you have available for this ability.

Adding a "Found Spellbook" item is something I want to do, but it's not going to be something that happens soon, because spellbooks aren't actually a distinct item on the character - all the spells in the spellbook are present on the character the same way a sorcerer's spells known or a cleric's spells prepared are on a character - there's just a tag to mark them as being in a spellbook. That means that I need to re-design the whole system in order to differentiate the spells in spellbook X from spellbook Y

The Spontaneous Symbology revelation permits the character to cast all "symbol" spells even if not in the list of spells known. Mechanically, these spells should be added as bonus spells at the appropriate levels so that they can be displayed in the Spells & Powers sheet. Otherwise they won't show up without consuming a known spell slot or added after all permitted spells known have been selected and displaying a validation error.

I've put this on my to-do list.

I've found a bunch of errors in descriptive text, either text for the wrong thing or what looks like d20 SRD copy-pasta not correctly updated to Pathfinder. Is that worth reporting here? I don't want to flood the thread with twinky cut-and-paste bugs and waste developer time that could be better spent if you'd rather I hold off.

If they're in spells, in magic items, or in the summary text of feats, don't worry about them - those sections are on my list for a thourough check in the near future (I'll be overwriting all the text, so I'll get rid of any of those errors in the process). Otherwise, might as well get them out of the way.

Mathias
June 1st, 2010, 09:54 AM
Bought a Composite Longbow (STR +4). HeroLab correctly calculated the cost (800) and deducted the appropriate amount, but in the '?' (Information) tooltip on the equipment list it's giving it a value of 1200.

I've put this on my to-do list, thanks for the report.

klimkin
June 2nd, 2010, 05:55 AM
Currently -2 penalty is applied, if medium one-handed sword is used as two-handed sword by small creature. There should be no penalty.

The rule is:
The measure of how much effort it takes to use a weapon (whether the weapon is designated as a light, one-handed, or two-handed weapon for a particular wielder) is altered by one step for each size category of difference between the wielder's size and the size of the creature for which the weapon was designed. For example, a Small creature would wield a Medium one-handed weapon as a two-handed weapon. If a weapon's designation would be changed to something other than light, one-handed, or two-handed by this alteration, the creature can't wield the weapon at all.

Maidhc O Casain
June 2nd, 2010, 05:56 PM
When I buy more than one item HL is stacking them but returning only the weight for one (and using only that for the encumbrance total as well).

Specifically, I bought 5 Smokesticks, 5 Tanglefoot Bags and 5 Thunderstones.

hazardjsimpson
June 7th, 2010, 07:53 AM
In the equipment list when you view the rule / tooltip for Grappling Hook it shows the rules for 3.5E, targeting a DC against the Use Rope Skill. The entire tooltip is not correct for pathfinder.

3.5E -- DC Use Rope Check of 10 + 2 per 10' thrown.

Should be:

Throwing a grappling hook is a ranged attack roll, treating the hook as a thrown weapon with a range increment of 10 feet. Objects with ample places to attach a hook are AC 5.

Mathias
June 7th, 2010, 01:26 PM
In the equipment list when you view the rule / tooltip for Grappling Hook it shows the rules for 3.5E, targeting a DC against the Use Rope Skill. The entire tooltip is not correct for pathfinder.

This isn't the only item that still has the 3.5 text. Updating magic items and regular items as a batch is a project I hope to get to soon.

Mathias
June 7th, 2010, 01:36 PM
When I buy more than one item HL is stacking them but returning only the weight for one (and using only that for the encumbrance total as well).

Specifically, I bought 5 Smokesticks, 5 Tanglefoot Bags and 5 Thunderstones.

Mathias
June 7th, 2010, 01:37 PM
(This is no longer the active bug reports thread - the current thread is stickied to the top of the forum)

TheStiegler
June 9th, 2010, 08:29 PM

I just checked with the new Pathfinder 3.4 and this still doesn't work.