PDA

View Full Version : Holiday update release! 12/21

Colen
December 21st, 2009, 11:23 AM
Hello everyone,

A new version of the 4e files is now available! This holiday release includes:

* Updated the downloader to support the December compendium update. This includes the Practiced Study feat - Martial Practices can be added as Rituals.
* Feats are now sorted into three categories in the "Choose Feat" table - heroic, paragon and epic. Rituals and Magic Items are now sorted by level.
* Feats are now tagged with descriptors, allowing you to search for them more easily. For example, enter "tribal" into the search box and you'll see a list of all Tribal Feats.
* Spellscarred powers are now properly listed on the Multiclass tab when you take the Student of the Plague feat.
* The "Initiate of the Old Faith" feat now functions correctly.

Enjoy!

jekessler
December 24th, 2009, 01:57 PM
* The "Initiate of the Old Faith" feat now functions correctly.

Colen,

I still have 0 powers available to choose on the Multiclass Tab when I select the IotOF feat (though the Feat itself correctly shows up on that tab), Wildshape is still not showing up on the list of At-Will Powers, and Nature remains untrained.

I am just running the rules in demo mode, if that makes any difference.

Jack

SAbel
December 26th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Hey guys,
After the update I have two characters that cause a crash in the system while working to rebuild one I think I may have found the problem
Error MEssage (which I emailed as told)
HeroLab.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please report this error to Lone Wolf Development at support@wolflair.com, including a description of what you were doing and this message (right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy it):

C:\HeroLab\HeroLab.exe
3.5 203
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x00476506
Type: bad read

Alternatively, you can include the contents of this log file:

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\lwderror1676.txt

When I was rebuliding the character as soon as I attempted to give it the Staff of Storms +2 it caused a crash so I thought that would be of some help.

Happy Holidays to everyone :)

SAbel
December 26th, 2009, 08:43 PM
It seems that any (magic implement) Staff is causing a simular error. They are all in the equipment screen and have the complete descriptions'. So I would guess it must deal with once they are "purchased" (even for free) as the item loads into PC equipment is the error start point. (Best guess of course)

Hope this helps.
Sean

SAbel
December 27th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Powers for the sorcerer are not adding up bonuses to damage correct either.
For example the Lighting strike power for a lvl 10 storm sorcerer, Dex 15, Cha 19 character with a +2 magic implement and the Tempest Magic Feat: should be +9 to damage, but HL is making it +12.
Damage should be power 1d8+ CHA (4) + Implement bonus (2) + Storm power bonus (2) + Temp Feat (1) = 9.
I am not sure were the extra 3 is being added in to come up with 12

In other powers it comes back with a +11 to damage which should also be a +9 (thunder bomb, thunder slam, Thundering gust, Bounding bolt, howling tempset, thunder leap) all show a +11 to damage
While (lighting strike and Storm walk) give +12

The attack value is correct for everything.

Colen
December 28th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Colen,

I still have 0 powers available to choose on the Multiclass Tab when I select the IotOF feat (though the Feat itself correctly shows up on that tab), Wildshape is still not showing up on the list of At-Will Powers, and Nature remains untrained.

I am just running the rules in demo mode, if that makes any difference.

Jack

Have you made sure to re-run the downloader since the update was released? The change would only have taken effect once you re-downloaded everything and applied the updates.

(It shouldn't make a difference whether you have Hero Lab in demo mode or not.)

Colen
December 28th, 2009, 10:58 AM
It seems that any (magic implement) Staff is causing a simular error. They are all in the equipment screen and have the complete descriptions'. So I would guess it must deal with once they are "purchased" (even for free) as the item loads into PC equipment is the error start point. (Best guess of course)

Hope this helps.
Sean

I just tried adding a Staff of Storms +2, and no crash. Do you have a saved portfolio that demonstrates the crash, e.g. "I start with this character, add a staff of storms +2 and it immediately crashes"? Or does it always crash even if you add it to an empty character?

Colen
December 28th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Powers for the sorcerer are not adding up bonuses to damage correct either.
For example the Lighting strike power for a lvl 10 storm sorcerer, Dex 15, Cha 19 character with a +2 magic implement and the Tempest Magic Feat: should be +9 to damage, but HL is making it +12.
Damage should be power 1d8+ CHA (4) + Implement bonus (2) + Storm power bonus (2) + Temp Feat (1) = 9.
I am not sure were the extra 3 is being added in to come up with 12

In other powers it comes back with a +11 to damage which should also be a +9 (thunder bomb, thunder slam, Thundering gust, Bounding bolt, howling tempset, thunder leap) all show a +11 to damage
While (lighting strike and Storm walk) give +12

The attack value is correct for everything.

With a Dragonborn Sorcerer 1 (Storm Magic), Dex 15, Cha 19, all other abilities 10, using a Staff of Storms +2 and the Tempest Magic feat, I see Lightning Strike doing 1d8+9 damage, and Thunder Slam doing 2d10+8 damage. (The Tempest Magic feat looks like it's incorrectly only adding the bonus to At-Will powers, so I should fix that.)

So the extra +3 damage must be coming from something else. Do you have other feats / weapons / racial abilities that might be adding the +3?

SAbel
December 28th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I just tried adding a Staff of Storms +2, and no crash. Do you have a saved portfolio that demonstrates the crash, e.g. "I start with this character, add a staff of storms +2 and it immediately crashes"? Or does it always crash even if you add it to an empty character?

I just opened a new character and the only thing I did was attempt to add the staff of storms +2 and it crashes
with this message
HeroLab.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please report this error to Lone Wolf Development at support@wolflair.com, including a description of what you were doing and this message (right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy it):

3.5 203
ACCESS VIOLATION

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\lwderror876.txt

SAbel
December 28th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Here is the character (remade, so no staff of storms) but everything else.
The file Zan-disri4 is the reload after update and Zan-disri is portfolio that causes the crash.

SAbel
December 28th, 2009, 03:25 PM
This is the other portfolio that crashes when it attempts to load.

Amorgen Burke
January 4th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Haven't tried that particular equipment item, but I get that same error any time I try to create a Monster (NPC) instead of a Hero (PC). (Just got Hero Lab, so I don't know if that was working prior to the 12/21 release).

SAbel
January 4th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Yep I get the error message when I tired to make a monster, and that did work before the Dec update :(

3.5 203
ACCESS VIOLATION

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\lwderror3188.txt

But still Love this program! :)

Colen
January 5th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I just figured out what was causing this, and uploaded v1.22 of the files. Download and install this, and your crash problems should go away. (There's a bug with how Hero Lab handles the section headers for the feats list, so those headers have disappeared until we get a bugfix release out.)

If you already downloaded the December data, you do NOT need to re-download it - this release just patches one file that was causing the crash. It should fix all the problems described in this thread.

Please let me know if anyone encounters further issues after downloading and importing v1.22. Sorry for the inconvenience.

SAbel
January 5th, 2010, 03:03 PM
All Hail Colen the fixer of problems YEA! The character loads now.

But the damage value is still not correct and it has increased
since post 5 discription
to +13 now (it was showing +12) and should only be a +9, just to keep you up late at night

Colen
January 6th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I didn't have time to check bug fixes, and I didn't want to require another compendium download half way through the month. I'll tackle that when the January update comes out in a week and a half. :)

SAbel
January 6th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Ok I understand (wish I could help in that area but I got no clue) Thanks again for fixing the other problem.