PDA

View Full Version : Does HL support Werewolf the Apocalypse?

PTS
December 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I usually use the software for Pathfinder, but I've got a WOD Werewolf the Apocalypse game coming up - is it supported yet?

Pali
December 13th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I'm not one of those software developers - just an ordinary user like your. That said, HL-WoD deals with the new World of Darkness (nWoD). Right now: nWoD-Mortals, Vampire the Requiem and Changeling the Lost.
Werewolf the Apocalypse is one of the oWoD game lines (one of my favourites). But I'm afraid you will rather see an implementation for Werewolf the Forsaken (nWoD) than for Werewolf the Apocalypse (oWoD).

Maybe Grapevine might a useful tool for you then.
http://www.grapevinelarp.com/

rob
December 14th, 2009, 07:51 PM
As Pali pointed out, the Hero Lab data files focus on *new* WoD lines, which means Werewolf: the Forsaken. Our license with White Wolf does *not* allow us to support the old WoD lines, as far I know, so there are no plans to support the oWoD lines within Hero Lab.

jonbartels
December 14th, 2009, 09:26 PM
feel free to correct me but isn't the authoring kit designed to allow the users to input out of print games.

krathen
December 20th, 2009, 11:19 PM
you are correct, but you have to be able to put them in, and willing to learn how to do so. and willing to spend the time.

rob
December 23rd, 2009, 10:12 PM
feel free to correct me but isn't the authoring kit designed to allow the users to input out of print games.

You are correct that the Authoring Kit allows anyone so inclined to write data files for virtually any game system. In my last post above, I was focused on what *we* can provide within the WoD data files, since I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that the poster was looking for us to provide support for Werewolf. Our license is limited to the new World of Darkness line.