PDA

View Full Version : Export 4E to d20 pro

GuyPRunkle
December 1st, 2009, 05:30 PM
Are there any plans to make it possible to export your HL files to d20 pro for 4th edition?

If not, is there a link that discusses the export format for the d20 system to d20 pro so that I could try to hack something together?

Guy Runkle

Colen
December 7th, 2009, 04:17 PM
We talked to the d20pro guys at Gen Con about this (we actually shared a booth with them), but we need to finalise some further details before we can do a 4e -> d20pro conversion. I'll ping them with an email and see where we are on the whole thing.

GuyPRunkle
January 26th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Any update?

Guy

Colen
February 1st, 2010, 04:24 PM
We've traded emails, but I'll ping them again. Thanks for the poke.

GuyPRunkle
February 17th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Poke . . .

Colen
February 17th, 2010, 03:37 PM
We're working on coming up with a common format right now, so hopefully this should be included soon. :)

GuyPRunkle
February 17th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Woohoo!

GuyPRunkle
March 13th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Any progress on the export feature?

Colen
March 22nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately the stars did not align this time - they were ready to start coding to support this feature, right as we were rushing to get a Hero Lab update out in time for the trade show this week, and the 4e character import unfortunately did not make the cut. :(

We'll be targeting a future release of d20pro to get this functionality added, which should hopefully happen in the next few months.

SAbel
March 22nd, 2010, 04:15 PM
I have been kicking around picking up D20pro but the main linch pin is the 4E files and I would like to see it run/ demo it. My friend and I would be getting it since we live 8 hours apart now and have not found a great way to hook up and game other than going to Cons. This could be the answer but he wants it plug in and play ready or he said he would not be getting it.

So if your a user send me an email on what you think of the product I would like to know, and how user friendly is it, along with easy use.
What does it do for maps, ie can I use my campaign cartographer or do I use they program to make maps ect.

Thanks all