PDA

View Full Version : New Pathfinder Release, 11/15

Mathias
November 16th, 2009, 02:08 PM
The new release of the Pathfinder files has been posted. This marks the completion of the conversion process, so barring a few details like the description text for magic items, all of the rules and things should be converted over from the d20 system to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game system. So, this release is version 2.0.

From the Bestiary, the bloody and burning skeleton templates were added, and improved familiars were finished (again, thanks to huntercc for entering the d20 versions of these - the conversion was faster than entering them from scratch would have been).

From the Bonus Bestiary, the dragonne animal companion was added.

From Unearthed Arcana, the traits and flaws were added.

Spellcasting classes now calculate their caster level, along with the check to overcome spell resistance and the concentration check. See the FAQ for details on how these can be referenced/modified.

The main thing I worked on for this release was bug fixes, since I had let a number of them accumulate while I worked on getting new information added/converted. The bug fix list in the FAQ is 24 items long, and you can read it there if you're interested. The highlights are adding deity's favored weapon proficiency for clerics, INT-boosting headbands (which now have skill selection and language points), Druid domain spells, and making the Traits table show up once an adventure path source is selected.

Gambo
November 16th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hey, thanks for the update :D

A while back you mentioned you would be improving the print output for Pathfinder, do you have a timescale for any upgrades?

I'm about to write a script that pulls everything I want from the .por file and plugs into my favorite character sheet in pdf form. However I will put this on hold if there's going to be any movement on that front.

I've been using HL for a couple weeks and I love the program and the work you've put in to including nearly all the PF content, however the character sheet output is very weak and copying a couple of characters by hand each week is tiresome.

Thanks again for this update.

Mathias
November 16th, 2009, 03:22 PM
What sort of changes are you interested in seeing on the character sheet? Which pdf version do you like (and what's especially useful about it)?

I apologize that I haven't had a chance to update the character sheet yet, and at this point, there are still a few priorities ahead of it, so it's on my to-do list, but it may be a little while before I can get to it.

kunger00
November 16th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I love the races and templates you've added from the Bestiary. (You guys are awesome!)

Are there any plans to create stock versions of all the rest of the entries from the Bestiary?

Thanks again for all of yall's hard work!

Keith

Mathias
November 16th, 2009, 04:37 PM
We definitely want to get this added, but there are so many monsters in the Bestiary that it's a major chunk of work.

kunger00
November 16th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Cool. :) What about the new base classes that will be released free in beta for the Advanced Players Guide? Or will those wait until the full release of that book next August?

Mathias
November 16th, 2009, 05:47 PM
We intend to include the Advanced Player's Guide. I'm still discussing the details with Rob and Colen.

We also want to support the beta information for it, and we're discussing how we'll handle that, too.

Sorry I can't give you any details yet.

Mathias
November 16th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Since one of my headline bug fixes - clerics gaining proficiency with their deity's favored weapon wasn't functioning, version 2.1 has been posted with a fix for this.

evilash
November 16th, 2009, 10:21 PM
What sort of changes are you interested in seeing on the character sheet?

One thing I would love to see is the ability to print all available spells for a character, not just the memorized ones. :)

Gambo
November 17th, 2009, 02:56 AM
What sort of changes are you interested in seeing on the character sheet? Which pdf version do you like (and what's especially useful about it)?

I apologize that I haven't had a chance to update the character sheet yet, and at this point, there are still a few priorities ahead of it, so it's on my to-do list, but it may be a little while before I can get to it.

The main issue with the HL character sheet is the layout and some minor issues with some information being too verbose and other information lacking in important details. There are fields which wrap oddly and a couple of items (such as traits) that are in the wrong category.

It would be nice to be able to omit certain sections; such as the spell list, tracked resources, and non-equipped weapons.

Effects such as power-attack should be noted as in effect if the attack list on the sheet has been modified.

Inventory could have sub-lists such as things in backpack indented and directly below.

Here's a link to the pdf of the character sheet I use at the moment below. There is an editable one available but some computers have to brace themselves for so many text fields in acrobat, so I won't post that.

http://www.neceros.com/downloads/NEC_PFRG_CharacterSheet2.pdf