PDA

View Full Version : Creating New Power in Editor

Savourn
October 6th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Ok this is my first attempt at using the editor and I have snagged a problem, probably obvious for some but I cant work it out.

I've created an alternate version of the Healing power and want to put the power rank cost at 8. If I open Healing as the copy it sets the rank cost at 2 and if I create a new file from scratch it sets the rank cost at 0.

I can see where it asks for the power ranks cost that I want but it simply is not using what I input.

Help?

Thanx :confused:

johngamermage
October 6th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Have you thought of opening the file in a text editor and change the values from 2 to 8?

Savourn
October 6th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Thanx I will try that now - Didnt work

---------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<document signature="Hero Lab Data">
<thing id="pwHealCust" name="Heal Wounds" description="With a full round action you may heal lost hit point equal to your power rank. You can not grant hit points beyond the target&apos;s normal maximum." compset="Power">
<fieldval field="pwModMult" value="2"/>
<usesource source="MMCmHitPts"/>
<tag group="pwActionUP" tag="Full" name="Full" abbrev="Full"/>
<tag group="pwCostUP" tag="2" name="2" abbrev="2"/>
<tag group="pwEffect" tag="Alteration" name="Alteration" abbrev="Alteration"/>
<tag group="pwEffectUP" tag="Alteration" name="Alteration" abbrev="Alteration"/>
<tag group="pwForbidPL" tag="plRestor" name="Restorative" abbrev="Restorative"/>
<tag group="pwForbidPX" tag="pxContag" name="Contagious" abbrev="Contagious"/>
<tag group="pwForbidPX" tag="pxDuration" name="Duration" abbrev="Duration"/>
<tag group="pwLasts" tag="Instant" name="Instant" abbrev="Instant"/>
<tag group="pwLastsUP" tag="Instant" name="Instant" abbrev="Instant"/>
<tag group="pwRange" tag="Touch" name="Touch" abbrev="Touch"/>
<tag group="pwRangeUP" tag="Touch" name="Touch" abbrev="Touch"/>
<tag group="SaveUP" tag="Fortitude" name="Fortitude" abbrev="Fort"/>
<tag group="pwCost" tag="8"/>
<tag group="pwAction" tag="Active"/>
<tag group="SaveUP" tag="Harmless" name="Harmless" abbrev="Harmless"/>
<tag group="pwAction" tag="Full" name="Full" abbrev="Full"/>
<tag group="pwActionUP" tag="Active" name="Active" abbrev="Active"/>
<child entity="PowerHelp"></child>
</thing>
<thing id="wpHerClub" name="Iron Bound Club" description="A massive club weapon bound with bars of steel." compset="Weapon">
<fieldval field="grCost" value="5"/>
<usesource source="UltPower"/>
<tag group="Size" tag="Large"/>
<tag group="wpType" tag="Archaic"/>
<tag group="wpDamage" tag="3"/>
<tag group="Helper" tag="AddStrBon"/>
<tag group="wpCritical" tag="20" name="20" abbrev="20"/>
<tag group="wpDescript" tag="Bludgeon" name="Bludgeon" abbrev="Bludgeon"/>
</thing>
</document>
-------------------------------

Colen
October 7th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Healing is a special power, because it has different settings under the Ultimate Power rules than normal powers. Unfortunately it seems that I've forgotten to let that be edited in the editor, which means you can't set up the new power properly. :(

I'll get this fixed in the next release.

Savourn
October 8th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Thanx for the reply.

That doesnt explain why on creating a power from scratch it doenst accept my cost per rank setting, it only registers 0?

Colen
October 9th, 2009, 11:33 AM
In the editor, scroll down to the bottom of the "Powers" page. See all the "Ultimate Power Variant" sections? Click Edit, then click "Select None", then click "OK" for each of them. Then save and test the power - once you do that it should work properly.

Grayson7
November 17th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Healing is a special power, because it has different settings under the Ultimate Power rules than normal powers. Unfortunately it seems that I've forgotten to let that be edited in the editor, which means you can't set up the new power properly. :(

I'll get this fixed in the next release.

Was this fixed in the last date? If it was, what am I doing wrong because I'm still being told that I can't copy some powers and power options in the editor? Thanks.

Colen
November 23rd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Yes, this was fixed in 3.0.

You can't copy powers that were added in a supplement - try copying from powers that were defined in the original M&M files. For example, if you want to make a damaging power, you should be able to copy from Blast or Strike, instead of the Damage power (which is off-limits). Does that help? I think almost every power from the expansions has equivalents in the core rules.

And remember, even if you can't copy a power defined in the expansion, you can still use "New (Copy)" to look at how it works - it just won't be saved when you save the file.