PDA

View Full Version : bug report for world of darkness

jonbartels
October 3rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
i recently got the latest Hero Lab updates and got the following error.

Attempt to access 'focus' pick from script when focus exists
Location: 'eval' script for component 'EvoDetails' (Eval Script '#2') near line 4

Location: 'eval' script for component 'EvoDetails' (Eval Script '#2') near line 7

Location: 'eval' script for component 'EvoDetails' (Eval Script '#2') near line 7

rob
October 3rd, 2009, 11:09 PM
First of all, does this problem occur with V3.5 and new WoD files that were released earlier today (Saturday)?

Secondly, I need to know exactly what you were doing. If possible, please send me a saved portfolio in which this problem occurs and instructions on what I need to do to reproduce the error. Armed with that info, I should be able to find the problem and get it fixed. Please send the info to me via email at helpdesk at wolflair.com (I did this in text to avoid unnecessary spam from crawlers).

jonbartels
October 3rd, 2009, 11:32 PM
First of all, does this problem occur with V3.5 and new WoD files that were released earlier today (Saturday)?

Secondly, I need to know exactly what you were doing. If possible, please send me a saved portfolio in which this problem occurs and instructions on what I need to do to reproduce the error. Armed with that info, I should be able to find the problem and get it fixed. Please send the info to me via email at helpdesk at wolflair.com (I did this in text to avoid unnecessary spam from crawlers).

I got the above error message when I try to load my portfolio with Hero labs V3.5 and the latest WoD files.

rob
October 3rd, 2009, 11:58 PM
Thanks for sending the portfolio. The problem is due to the use of the Workshop merit. Because this merit was implemented incorrectly, it needed to be deleted from the data files and re-implemented properly. Your character uses this merit.

After the initial errors are reported during the load, a subsequent error is reported about the merit having been orphaned. This is because the original merit has been deleted. If you switch to the Advancement tab, you'll find that there is an advancement listed with a name like "Add a New Merit". This is because the actual merit selected - the Workshop - no longer exists. And the errors are due to this now invalid advancement.

The solution is to simply delete the advancement and re-add it, selecting the new Workshop merit.

The fact that this merit was deleted and re-added differently is outlined in the FAQ for the data files. However, I wasn't aware of this error being reported, since it only occurs for advancements, and I didn't test out the impact of the deletion on advancements.

Fortunately, the solution to this is easy. Delete the advancement, then re-add the merit as appropriate.

jonbartels
October 4th, 2009, 03:06 AM
thanks rob that did the trick. got to remember that if it happens again.