PDA

View Full Version : Old Barbarian issues fixed, now a new one

redbaeyr
September 25th, 2009, 01:16 PM
OK, my issues with the Fleet foot rage power and rounds per day rather than uses per day for Raging itself are fixed!

Thank you for that.

However, new problem (which I *think* was not there before).

Despite the characters armor type being light, and encumbrance being light as well, the barbarian fast movement power has been grayed out as "requirements not met". When I unequip the armor, the fast movement gets reinstated.

Any idea this might be happening now when I don't think it was happening before?

Thanks in advance!

RB

Mathias
September 25th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Everyone - this bug was intruduced in 1.6 and exists on all class specials that are disabled if the character is wearing certain degrees of armor. They will all show as disabled if the character is wearing any armor. I apologize for this - it'll be fixed in the next release.

I figured out why this is now happening. I added a new mechanism, so that disabling an ability if the character is wearing some degree of armor (which happens in a lot of cases) is handled in the background, instead of making the datafile author find an example like Fast Movement and copy the disabling script (which is how it had to be done previously).

After doing that, when I got to my fixes for fighter, I needed to delay the timing of when armor check penalties are applied to skills - since they were being applied before class specials calculated what level their class was, a class special couldn't apply a change to the armor check penalty that depended on its level (or even on whether the class had reached the correct level to have the special).

That delay also put the script that tells the hero what level of armor is equipped AFTER the check for whether the class special should be disabled due to wearing armor, and because of the way I assembled the test, will fail if the character is wearing any armor.