PDA

View Full Version : How do I get my background details printed out?

Captain Mayhem
September 19th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Hi. I'm trying to get my background details (Personal tab->background details) to be printed out on my character sheet. I cant get it to print on my character sheet. Am I doing something wrong?

Mathias
September 19th, 2009, 02:21 PM
On the to-do list for all game systems.

BeatnikTom
February 21st, 2010, 10:52 AM
Same question. New question: When will this be done?

Including a description text for your character's background details seems like a basic fundamental feature.

Mathias
February 22nd, 2010, 08:31 AM
It's in the next update.

Fionavar
February 12th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Hi there,

I am not necro-posting, but I thought it would be easier to use an existing thread. I have a player whose character has a lot of Background Detail. Unfortunately, in the PDF printout it seems the field has a limit and not all is printed. Is there a way to adjust this field or request that the field expand into column wrapping so all can actually printed. Does the problem make sense?

Mathias
February 13th, 2013, 07:39 AM
That's a limitation that we have not figured out a way to overcome.

If you have that much background detail, I'd recommend putting just a summary of it on the Personal tab, and putting the rest in a program that's meant to deal with large amounts of text.

Fionavar
February 13th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Okay - thanks Mathias!

Angela2013
February 13th, 2013, 09:01 AM
If there is a lot of background information I just put a summary on the Background tab and an expanded background under the first Journal entry.

Mathias
February 13th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Journal entries are subject to the same problem with page breaks as the rest of the printouts when there's too much information for a single page - they just have more space before they hit it, but other users have complained about their journal entries getting cut off because they wrote more than a page of text.

Fionavar
February 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Hmmm ... too bad there is not just a general text area that is unbounded. What is the text maximum?

Fionavar
January 1st, 2014, 07:41 PM
Hi again,

I am not sure if this has been added as a feature, so are you able to let me know the text limit oper entry please?

Mathias
January 2nd, 2014, 07:44 AM
There isn't a fixed limit - it depends on the details of your print settings exactly how much space is available and therefore how much can be printed.

Fionavar
July 11th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Hi again,

I am just wondering where this might be at this point? I am trying to make sure that Journal Entries do not get truncated when saving as PDF. As a result - I think knowing a maximum text limit would be helpful to make this does not happen: does this make sense?

Mathias
July 13th, 2015, 08:40 AM
Changing this will require a rework of the way Hero Lab builds its printouts. That is not a simple process.

If you are concerned, I recommend putting your background in a separate file created in a word processor, separate from your Hero Lab saved character. That also has the advantage of giving you a lot more control over the text formatting and layout.

Fionavar
July 13th, 2015, 09:30 AM
Thanks Matthias - good to know! I have been breaking the larger journal entries into smaller pieces. If I could make a future request - such functionality would be great fwiiw :)