PDA

View Full Version : Scripting help: Campaign traits

evilash
September 6th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I hope this is the correct forum for this post. I've been entering the campaign traits for Second Darkness into Hero Lab via the Editor. When it comes to scripting the traits I have a problem with some of them, and would like some help. Specifically it's the traits where you make a selection that I can't figure out how to script. There's the Looking for Work trait, where you select a skill from a list, and you then get a +1 trait bonus on that skill and it's a class skill for you. Then there's the Into Enemy Territory, there you select a saving throw to receive a +1 trait bonus on.

Can anyone enlighten me how to script these traits?

Micco
September 7th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I could tell you how, but it's better to tell you how to find it so you can do it for all of them.

The way I figured it out was to open a second HeroLab application, load the d20 (even the demo version works) files. Then open the editor and tell it to open a file. Navigate to the "source" directory and find the pth_second_darkness.dat file. Load it, go to the Traits tab, select "New (Copy)" and find the trait you want to copy. Open the Eval window, copy, paste across into your Pathfinder version of HL. Presto!

EDIT: Oh, HL Pathfinder skills start wit "sk", not "k" like in the d20 files.

EDIT 2: Oh, and a very important little thing that isn't very clear that will help a LOT. On the Editor when you click on "Help" you actually get some! Seriously, I rarely click "Help" on a program because it usually only provides legal verbiage or other marginally helpful info. But with HeroLab it takes you to the files that actually tell you how to edit stuff, add feats, etc. So be sure to check it out if you haven't.

Mathias
September 7th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Some of the other scripting language changes that will be important to the feats you want to add are that all saves and save-related fields are now prefixed with "sv" instead of "v", and if you see a line that includes "field[fChosen].chosen", that's now "field[usrChosen1].chosen"

evilash
September 7th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the assistance. I found the traits and have converted them to PRPG.