PDA

View Full Version : Can we the users

SAbel
August 2nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
Hello just a question, can we the users post when we add items (or other things therefor) from say Living Forgotten Realms adventures? I was with a friend this weekend and he just updated his HL and purchased several data sets, while I was showing him how to add in his characters ect he noticed that an Item from an LFR event was not listed (a wand of Vampiric ___) so I should him how to use the AK to add an item to the data set, very simple, but then wondered if people could "add" these items or monsters from the LFR events and be able to post them so that other people using hero lab or running at cons could have this ready to go for the different adventures (kinda of the many hands make light work idea)
So is it allow able to have these downloads or could it be posted hey I have the items from LFR adventure ---- 1-1 send me an email and I will send you the data ect or does this break GSL code?

Colen
August 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I believe that you could post here to say you've created the item, but hosting the actual data here (or including it in the data files) would be a copyright violation. The 4e files work because they only implement the game mechanics - you have to download the actual content with the downloader, which isn't the same as us providing it to you.

SAbel
August 5th, 2009, 09:45 PM
That is what I thought. So now to everyone else who would like to start up a group to let evenyone know when you add say monsters and then we could email the stuff to each other (I think that is okay and not going to get anyone in trouble)