PDA

View Full Version : New Release

HeinA
July 19th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Hi there, first off, thanx for all the fixes in the new release.

I unfortunately still have a couple of issues:
Minotaur Goring Charge still displays d6 with the Greathorn feat.

The Level 2 Drow Sorcerer with the Spell source Storm Magic and the Tempest Magic Feat should get a +8 to damage on Storm Walk & Lightning Strike (+4 Cha, +1 Tempest Magic, +3 Dex), but the attack workspace displays this as +4 (Cha) + 6. Dazzling Ray should be +7 but displays +4 (cha) +4.

I also have problem with my Dragonborn Fighter, but I'm still trying to figure out if the problem is with Hero Lab or with the DDI Character builder

Thanx
Hein

dartnet
July 19th, 2009, 05:40 AM
The Gatekeeper Mystagague prereq's says that you need a primal power class to use but when you chose one like druid it still wont let you take it.

HeinA
July 19th, 2009, 05:50 AM
OK, so on my fighter, the damage bonus for my offhand weapons is always 1 less that my main weapon. According to the DDI Character builder, both weapons have the same damage bonus. I think this is because the two weapon fighting feat only adds the +1 to my main weapon, where it should add it to both.

Cheerz
Hein

HeinA
July 19th, 2009, 05:56 AM
oh, and I still can not equip a dagger as a ranged weapon

HeinA
July 20th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I also notised that Herolab gives my characters 1 more healing surge than DDI Character builder

Colen
July 21st, 2009, 04:32 PM
HeinA: You should be able to see the ranged stats for your dagger if you look at the Basic Ranged attack. Thanks for the other reports - I'll try to get these fixed. :)

HeinA
July 23rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
Thanx Colen

HeinA
July 28th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Also my Sorceress seems not to be able to equip a staff - it says she is not proficient?

SAbel
August 2nd, 2009, 06:24 PM
Also when a Sorcerer or wizard equips a magical staff the weapon does not add up attack correctly

Colen
August 5th, 2009, 01:53 PM
OK, so on my fighter, the damage bonus for my offhand weapons is always 1 less that my main weapon. According to the DDI Character builder, both weapons have the same damage bonus. I think this is because the two weapon fighting feat only adds the +1 to my main weapon, where it should add it to both.

Cheerz
Hein

The compendium says: "Benefit: While holding a melee weapon in each hand, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with your main weapon." So the off-hand should have 1 less damage bonus, I think.

All the other problems you reported in this thread should be fixed. :)

HeinA
August 6th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Thanx Colen :)

terrestrialboy
August 27th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Any word on when Familiars will be available in the system? If they're there, I'm simply missing them because I'm a doofus ...

Colen
September 3rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
What product were Familiars released in? I don't think I can get them into this release, but I can look at them for next time.

terrestrialboy
September 5th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Sorry, they were in Arcane Power if memory serves.

Also, I just downloaded the new update and re-downloaded the data files from DDI. After downloading, I tried to load up the Hero Lab 4E set and got this error:

The data files could not be loaded due to the following errors:

Thing 'maDawnWar4' - Multiple eval scripts as assigned the same 'index' attribute
Thing 'maDawnWar5' - Multiple eval scripts as assigned the same 'index' attribute
Thing 'maDawnWar6' - Multiple eval scripts as assigned the same 'index' attribute

Any ideas as to what this is about?

Colen
September 5th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Weird... that didn't come up when I was testing stuff, but now it has. :(

You can fix the problem by opening the ddi_magic_armor.dat file in your HeroLab/data/4e folder, and deleting the scripts at lines 2959, 2931 and 2903 (search for "Dawn Warrior Armor" to find them). They all look like this:

<eval phase="Traits" priority="1000"><![CDATA[
if (parent.tagis[Equipped.Equipped] = 0) then
done
endif
#traitmodify[rsAcid,rsTotal,10,""]
]]>
<before name="Derived trtFinal"/>
</eval>

Delete those scripts, but nothing before or after them, and it should work.

Sorry about that - I'll get a proper fix out on Monday. :(

thorfin
September 5th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I reloaded the files and fixed the dawnwar problems. Granted it took my computer several hours to do it.

SAbel
September 5th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Just an FYI I had the same problem but after deleting the files it loads fine Colen.
When the fix is in place will we have to reload the DDI files or will it be in the fix?

Sean

Colen
September 8th, 2009, 02:52 PM
If you've already made the fix yourself, you won't need to re-run the downloader - your current files will work fine.