PDA

View Full Version : Can't Make a Resounding Mace or equip shield

TheGonk
July 13th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I'm using the demo HL/4e and the free DDI info.

When making a magic item, I choose Magic: Resounding Weapon +1. It says this can apply to Flail, Hammer, Mace, Sling, Staff.

When I choose Weapon, everything is greyed out. When selecting a mace, it gives the error, "Wrong type of magic item."

Under the Armory listing, it lists the resulting weapon as Non-Proficient; however, my character is a Cleric which has Simple Melee Proficiency.

----

I've given my character Magic Chainmail +1 and a Light Shield. When I check to equip both, I get the error, "Armor: Multiple suits of armor equipped."

TheGonk
July 13th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I've given my character Magic Chainmail +1 and a Light Shield. When I check to equip both, I get the error, "Armor: Multiple suits of armor equipped."

It did occur to me that perhaps I should only equip chainmail there, and under Special, equip my shield in my off-hand as an equippable item. However, my only options there are Mace, Holy Symbol and Unarmed Strike.

Looking at the resulting Print Preview sheet, it appears that the Magic Chainmail +1 is only giving +1 AC.

Also, I took Combat Medic from PH2, which should give me +2 to the Heal skill, which is not being included.

SAbel
July 14th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I was able to make and equip all the items above and all seem to be working fine.
When I made the items I choose the base info first ie Mace then resounding weapon +1
Chain mail then magic +1 ect.
I never had the error with "multi armor"
The Feat does show up on the character sheet with all the correct information but it is not adding to the skill directly.

Colen
July 21st, 2009, 04:12 PM
These look like issues that only appear when you use the 4e data without a D&DI login / password. I'll try to get them resolved for the next release.