PDA

View Full Version : Downloader Boggle

Monkey God
July 10th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I have a conundrum. Twice I have used the downloader, each time signing in with my insider name and password, and twice now I think I have gotten incomplete data. It seems that any of the data outside player's handbook 1 shows "no information" in the description. Is this correct? The downloader appeared to accept my username and password. I guess my question is: are the entries with "no information" correct, or did I do something stupid on my end?

Thanks for any information

Colen
July 12th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Which entries are you talking about? I know that some of the deities are listed with "This deity has no description text", because that's how they appear in the D&D Compendium. Are you talking about those, or other things?

Jason_Sunday
July 12th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I have a conundrum. Twice I have used the downloader, each time signing in with my insider name and password, and twice now I think I have gotten incomplete data. It seems that any of the data outside player's handbook 1 shows "no information" in the description. Is this correct? The downloader appeared to accept my username and password. I guess my question is: are the entries with "no information" correct, or did I do something stupid on my end?

Thanks for any information

same here the powers and descriptions say see player's handbook 2 or whatever book it is from.

Monkey God
July 13th, 2009, 06:02 PM
A lot of the feat, powers, skill, and what not are the things that say no discription...Its seems anything outside player handbook one are the ones effected.

sorry I guess I should have mentioned that.

Monkey God
July 16th, 2009, 02:35 PM
I've just downloaded the DDI stuff again (third time)to no avail. There are still many feats and powers that have no discription. Just curious if this is the way it is suppose to be. If I have to put the information in myself, that's cool, but if I I don't, and I've done something wrong, that would be even cooler.

Still crossing my fingers
thanks

Jason_Sunday
July 17th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I am having the exact same problem. I have a dnd insider account and it is active. I keep downloading the data with login and password and I get no discriptions or is says See players handbook II

SAbel
July 17th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Okay just checking, I updated my HL 4E after the Ver3.3 came out (it did take nearly 3+ hours) but I have not had any problems with information.

Make sure that when the configure your character menu pops up that you have gone into the clip board and checked all the rule set you would like to use. I am not sure if you knew this (I did not when I first purchased the program) that may be the cause of your error. I thought that if a box is not checked that the information from that book would not show up but I may be wrong. I hope that this helps you guys.

The 3 files are pictures to help you understand what I mean, I am better at talking or showing (visual guy :)

Monkey God
July 17th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Nope, that didn't do anything. For example: the feat Adept Power just says -no discription-; the feat Admixture Breath tells me of the requirement, that it's found in Dragon Magazine, but there is no discription of the feat itself. That's just two feats...there are many more like that and some of the powers as well. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to find and add all the stuff myself.

PS the feat you showed Acolyte of Divine Secrets tells me that it is in the Player's handbook 2 but says -no discription-. Now I'm really confused as to why you were able to get the information but I have not.

A thought just occured to me, maybe I will contact support and see what they say.

Thanks for trying to help though.

SAbel
July 18th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I had a simular problem several months ago after I did a DDI update, I reloaded the material 3 times and on the third shot it was there, Now the first attempt there was a failure in the download so possibly that is what is happening to your data.
If you have a DDI account then you should not have to enter any of the material it should be in that (rather long) download, which I try to remember to set for an over night event now.

Sorry you guys are having problems.

rob
July 18th, 2009, 01:47 PM
All the feats and powers *should* be fully available after the download and conversion. So something is amiss with the mechanism that we need to get fixed.

We had to get a major item finished and shipped off today for GenCon, so we've been slammed on this end. Colen's going to be investigating this in more detail on Monday, and will hopefully be able to sort it out for you then.

In the meantime, could you please send us a copy of the "ddi_powers.dat" file that gets generated by the converter? That file will contain valuable information for helping to diagnose what's going wrong. If you send us that, it will give us a headstart on actually fixing the problem.

Thanks!

Jason_Sunday
July 19th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Here is my ddi_powers.dat.

(Colen edit: removed attachment just in case, better not to have copyrighted material posted on these forums :) )

Monkey God
July 19th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I've emailed my ddi_powers.dat to you. If you would rather i attach it in a forum response i will do that as well.

Colen
July 20th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Monkey_God, it appears that Rob never got your email. :( Can you email me the file to colen@wolflair.com please? That way I can take a look at it - I just tried the downloaded earlier today and it worked fine for me, so there's obviously something odd going on for you.

Jason_Sunday, was the file you posted downloaded with a username / password, or without?

Thanks.

Monkey God
July 20th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Just sent it off to you...hope it helps.

Jason_Sunday
July 21st, 2009, 10:39 AM
Monkey_God, it appears that Rob never got your email. :( Can you email me the file to colen@wolflair.com please? That way I can take a look at it - I just tried the downloaded earlier today and it worked fine for me, so there's obviously something odd going on for you.

Jason_Sunday, was the file you posted downloaded with a username / password, or without?

Thanks.

It was with username / password.

Colen
July 21st, 2009, 04:28 PM
I just looked at Monkey_God's details, and it appears that the D&D Compendium won't let him log in. Jason_Sunday, try the following:

Go to the D&D Compendium:

http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/database.aspx

Search for "Absorb Elements", click "Powers", then click the Absorb Elements power. What do you see? If it asks you to log in, do so. What do you see after you log in?

Monkey God
July 22nd, 2009, 04:44 PM
Turns out this was all my fault to begin with. I set up an insider account many moons ago before it was even fully operational...I didn't realize that I had to upgrade my subscription to a paid subscription. Once I did that and redownloaded the ddi material it all came through...thanks for pointing me in the right direction even though that direction led strait to me.

Jason_Sunday
July 22nd, 2009, 05:26 PM
I just looked at Monkey_God's details, and it appears that the D&D Compendium won't let him log in. Jason_Sunday, try the following:

Go to the D&D Compendium:

http://www.wizards.com/dndinsider/compendium/database.aspx

Search for "Absorb Elements", click "Powers", then click the Absorb Elements power. What do you see? If it asks you to log in, do so. What do you see after you log in?

I get:

Absorb Elements Elemental Tempest 12 Immediate Reaction Forgotten Realms Players Guide

and I am able to click on the Absorb Elements. See attachment.

I have a paid subscription and I deffently use the login / password option on the installer.

Colen
August 5th, 2009, 03:30 PM
I've just updated the downloader and 4e files. Grab the latest update and download the data again - are you still having this problem?

If so, please send me the output.txt file from the HeroLab\data\4e directory, and I'll take a look at it.

Jason_Sunday
August 8th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I've just updated the downloader and 4e files. Grab the latest update and download the data again - are you still having this problem?

If so, please send me the output.txt file from the HeroLab\data\4e directory, and I'll take a look at it.

I can only get player handbook data now not sure what's going on.

Jason_Sunday
August 10th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I can only get player handbook data now not sure what's going on.

Nevermind the new patch fixed it. I reinstalled Hero Lab completely trying to fix the problem and later downloaded the new patch. I forgot the you have to select the source material. So looks like the all the descriptions are in now. Thanks.

Colen
August 19th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Awesome! Glad to hear the problem has cleared up. :)

thorfin
September 5th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Same here, I re-downloaded the ddi files and it fixed itself.