PDA

View Full Version : proficiency

Gavint
July 1st, 2009, 01:47 AM
Ok I'm new to the application and am making up a sorcerer. Where is the section for weapon & armor proficiencies you get from your class? I must just have to activate it somewhere but can't find it!

SAbel
July 1st, 2009, 06:15 PM
Hello Gavint,
the 6th tab (Armory) has the weapon and armor for you your class items will be highlighted in each area and if you try to take something you are not "proficient" in it will show up as a red warning in the item description before you purchase it. The program already checks this info for you once you pick a class.

Hope this helps you,

Sean

SAbel
July 1st, 2009, 06:20 PM
here is the tab and the equipment is showing a chainmail armor which is not useable by a sorcerer class.

Gavint
July 2nd, 2009, 12:49 AM
Cool! thanks for that. But their still seems to be something wrong.

Have turned on under the special tab Equipped with Staff two-handed.

When I print preview the character sheet it has the staff basic attack listed as +2. Should it not add all the other modifiers?

I have a 5th lvl character (+2) Str 12 (+1) and staff is +1 staff of storms. So with proficiency my basic attack should be something like :+6 to hit1d8+2 damage?

So on the printout it lists it under 'weapons' with only proficiency adjustment.
Was their another setting I need to tick?

SAbel
July 3rd, 2009, 07:41 AM
On page 274 (PHB) it does state that you should get 1/2 lvl, weapon prof, and ability mod. Therefore 1/2 lvl is +2 (5/2 rnd down), STR 12 +1, staff prof +2 plus weapon magic bonus +1 = +6 to hit (basic attack, ect)
so this seems to be something that the Lone Wolf guys need to look at for basic attack.
Also the weapon does not seem to add its magic bonus when figuring attacks for magic powers. The attack is only doing the attribute, 1/2 lvl, not adding in the bonus from items (I have a lvl 7 storm sorcerer and he is not getting the bonus to his attack from the +1 staff)

Colen
July 21st, 2009, 03:50 PM
The Weapons list shows the raw weapon statistics. If you want to see the calculated attack / damage totals, check the Basic Ranged / Melee attacks under the "Attacks" header.