PDA

View Full Version : New user questions

papy72
June 19th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Hello,

I'm brand new to HL. I will first say that I am very impressed with the product. Even with no experience I was able to mostly create my 4th level fighter in about 30 minutes.

As I have a DDI subscription I downloaded all the data last night. Everything seemed to work fine (I got the success message at the end) but I cannot find an item called Finemail from the Adventuer's Vault supplement. I'm trying to create a suit of +2 Finemail for my character. It's not under armor, and it's not a magical enhancement to existing chainmail.

So my questions:

Where is Finemail? If it doesn't exist in the DDI data how do I add it myself? Thus far I haven't found anything to load with the Editor...

Can I run the DDI importer anytime I would like to, without damaging any existing characters?

Is there a way to print the total attack bonus on the character sheet/power cards (based on the weapons I have equipped)? I'd like to see the number including my 1/2 level bonus, weapon proficiency bonus, enhancement bonuses, etc.

Thanks, and sorry if these have already been asked/answered.

Mathias
June 19th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Are you seeing other items from Adventurer's vault? Have you gone to the configure hero form, pressed the clipboard icon on the right-hand side and selected all the books you want to use?

papy72
June 19th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Yes I see other AV data. For example the battle-crazed property of my axe is from that same book.

Mathias
June 19th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I found finemail - go to the magic armor item at the top of the list of armors to buy, then pick the "choose armor" option - the second one - in the dialog that pops up.

papy72
June 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM
OK I got the finemail. Appreciate the help.