PDA

View Full Version : Insider content not showing up in Hero Lab

J. Strange
June 3rd, 2009, 10:42 AM
I ran the downloader according to the manual's instructions, and it seems to have completed successfully. The directory has a bunch of files beginning with ddi_ just like the documentation says.

When I start Hero Lab, though, the new content doesn't actually show up. I'm still restricted to PHB1 classes, and additional content for those classes (e.g. new fighter powers from Martial Power) isn't available. Am I missing a step?

Mathias
June 3rd, 2009, 11:04 AM
You went to the settings dialog on the configure hero form and selected all the books you want to use?

J. Strange
June 3rd, 2009, 11:21 AM
The list of books doesn't even show up in the Configure Hero dialog box.

Mathias
June 3rd, 2009, 12:02 PM
When did you run the downloader? - The previous topic in this forum is that the 4ed files can't handle the compendium as it exists on June 2nd, but an update is coming as soon as possible.

I'm not too familiar with the 4ed files, but you may have downloaded only the "Download data (no D&D insider account)" data (option 1 in the downloader), rather than "Download data (with D&D insider account)" (option 2 in the downloader) - that's another thing to check.

J. Strange
June 3rd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Last week, actually, and I entered my username and password. I ran the downloader twice, even, because I figured maybe something went wrong after the content didn't show up in the program the first time.

Mathias
June 3rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
So when you click the clipboard icon on the right hand side of the configure hero form, the "Rules Supplements" section only has "Adventures" and "Sample Content"?

J. Strange
June 3rd, 2009, 02:51 PM
That was it. That clipboard and checkmark didn't look clickable. I thought it was indicating that my settings in the Configure Hero dialog box were valid. Thanks!