PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing Power

Atomiczombi
May 18th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I've noticed what appears to be two errors in the Bouncing power.

1. The Impact Resistant extra does not add to toughness saves. Impact Resistant basically adds "Protection (Impervious, Limited - Broad Type [Physical])", but it doesn't appear to add to the toughness save.

2. The Pinball power feat should be ranked. The description says "Each rank in this power feat gives your Pinball attack +1 damage, up to a maximum of your strength score or Bouncing rank, whichever is greater."

Colen
May 21st, 2009, 05:03 PM
1. If it only applies to physical damage, then adding it to the Toughness save would be misleading - because it'd look like you had +5 (or whatever) to Toughness for everything, not just physical damage stuff.

2. Thanks, I'll get this fixed. :)

Atomiczombi
May 23rd, 2009, 02:52 PM
I agree that it could be confusing, but not including it in the toughness save is inconsistent with the way the program handles other limited toughness enhancements, which is also confusing. Impact Resistance is the same as taking Protection with the Impervious extra and Limited - Broad Type (Physical) flaw. If you have the Impact Resistant extra of Bouncing, it doesn't show up in your toughness save, but if you take it as limited Protection, it does show up in the toughness save.

I'm not sure of the best way to resolve the issue. Perhaps the toughness save score could display an asterisk or be followed by "(limited)" if it includes some type of limited effect? Or perhaps it could display a split toughness score, one without any of the limited effects and one with all of the effects in play?

Colen
June 1st, 2009, 01:29 PM
Ideally I'd like to display the base Toughness save, with a little note showing every single potential bonus / penalty beside it. Unfortunately that will require some work that I haven't been able to fit into our schedule yet. :(