PDA

View Full Version : Gear Adventurers Kit

SAbel
April 1st, 2009, 05:19 PM
The kit list all the items in it but when purchased it only adds the following to the characterer: Backpack, Bedroll, Flint and steel, Pouch belt
it is missing: two sunrods, 10 days of trail rations, 50' of hemp rope, and a waterskin. Not a major issue but just thought that I would point it out

Point :)

Colen
April 14th, 2009, 12:49 AM
The Kit doesn't add that stuff because if it did, there would be no way to delete it; once you'd used up the 2 sunrods, for example, there'd be no way to delete them from the hero. :(

Hopefully we'll get this functionality added to Hero Lab at some point, and then it'll be able to add the rations, sunrods etc automatically.

SAbel
April 18th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Oh ok that makes sense :)

kingnat
January 29th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Is there any way of making this work properly yet?
I can't get my head around the "Automatically Adding Picks to Actors" part of the documentation, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Surely there is a way of adding things to the gear list without them being tied to the original pick?

SAbel
June 2nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
The way to have it not tied is to purchase the items individually and then have them on your character sheet.
That way they are not tied to the kit

RavenX
June 2nd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Buy the kit, add the consumables for free, that way they can be deleted. Unfortunately the way the bootstrap mechanics work in the compiler, once something is bootstrapped it can't be deleted. As far as I know they still haven't solved this one, but it is on the to-do list for Pathfinder. Once a solution is found it can be implemented, but I am not sure how long that may take.