PDA

View Full Version : Help

warbyrd13
March 6th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Ok will someone explain to me how to load this. I don't understand this.

is this the correct way to do this?

4e DND Hero Labs

Step 1:Under file go to Open File
Step 2: Find hero Labs
Step 3: Go into Data
Step 4: Find folder 4e
Step 5: DDI exe file where is that at? There is a DDI folder and there is a DDI prgram in the mainfile but I dont see the exc file. Am I doing something wrong?

SAbel
March 6th, 2009, 12:45 PM
How to Download Data
A program is included to help you download game data for 4th Edition. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the game system directory - probably something like c:\HeroLab\data\4e\ - and launch the ddidownloader.exe program.
Pressing 1-5 selects one of the following options:
1. Download data (no D&D insider account)
This option downloads all publically accessible data from D&D insider. Once completed, you can press any key to exit.
NOTE: Since not all data is publically available from D&D insider, only partial information will be available for the game system.
NOTE: This download may take up to 10-20 minutes to complete.
2. Download data (with D&D insider account)
This option asks for your D&D insider username and password, then downloads all accessible data from D&D insider. Once completed, you can press any key to exit.
NOTE: Although we ask for your username and password, we don't store it or send it anywhere other than to the D&D insider login page.
NOTE: This download may take up to 20-60 minutes to complete.
3. Convert existing data
This option can be used if you have previously downloaded data from D&D insider, and wish to recreate the Hero Lab files from the raw data. You should use this if you modify the downloaded files (the files with names beginning ddi_) and wish to restore them to their original state.
4. Delete existing data
This option deletes the Hero Lab files generated from D&D insider (all files with names beginning ddi_).
5. Exit
This option exits the program without taking any actions.

This will take 15- 25 min to do.

warbyrd13
March 7th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Ok I have found the exe file. I had to click that option since I am running XP. Now when I click on the exe.file it wants to save it to my desktop an when I intiate the program it gives me this statement.

could not open maping file

press any key to quit.

Ok figured out my problem with a guild buddy. It is easier for me to go into my harddrive and run the program from there.

Colen
March 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Indeed, you have to run the program from your hard drive - trying to run it from your web browser will just make your browser ask you what to do with it, as you discovered. :)