PDA

View Full Version : Data File Creators Thread

winged_human
March 4th, 2009, 04:54 AM
Hey guys,
I noticed that there were threads in the AB Data Files forum in regards to the specific Data files themselves, but being a new Datafile creator myself, seem to be having alot of problems getting my file put together. I would like to suggest that there be a thread created in the AB Data files forum to allow ALL Data File creators to talk and converse on the intracies of your program, as well as ask for advice, and share experiences when it comes to the grand undertaking of creating one of the Data files for your glorious program.

I appreciate your attention to this matter.

Mathias
March 4th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Look through the history of the Armybuilder general forum - that's what it's for. Just ask. Be specific, though. People aren't often willing to copy the whole manual into the thread for you if you just say "I'm getting lots of errors" or "How do I make a file for...".

winged_human
March 4th, 2009, 07:31 AM
From my view the "Army builder General" forum has only a little over a dozen threads in it. Ontop of that I thought that forum was for inquiries in using the Actual AB program and not the ABCreator program.

Mathias
March 4th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Go to the bottom of the forum - the display options section. Change "Last Month" to "Beginning" and click "Show Threads".

The forum is for both AB and ABCreator.

winged_human
March 4th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Excellent. Thanks for the info.

also, someone mentioned a "ABCreator Wiki" would you happen to know where this is?

Mathias
March 4th, 2009, 07:56 AM
There's a HL authoring kit wiki, I don't know of a wiki for AB, just the manual (same start menu group as AB itself).

rob
March 7th, 2009, 01:09 AM
someone mentioned a "ABCreator Wiki" would you happen to know where this is?

There is no wiki for AB Authoring. We switched to a wiki for Hero Lab with the release of its Authoring Kit a few months ago. The plan is to convert to a wiki for AB at some point, but that will entail a fair amount of work, so it's not likely to happen before we get AB3.2 out the door.

winged_human
March 7th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the info Rob.