PDA

View Full Version : Accurate Attack doesnt seem to work

Modify
February 25th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I have a character with the transform power. If i add the accurate power feat to it, everything works as its suppose to.

But, when i try to add it to alternate powers of transform (such as blast and snare), the PP total number does not go up and the ranged attack bonus if used with blast does not go up.

Modify
February 26th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Same thing happens with knockback if i use it on an alternate power, the PP total number does not go up.

charlieluce
February 26th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Are you talking about the PP total for the character overall, or the PP total for the Alternate Power itself?

Modify
February 26th, 2009, 01:55 PM
The PP total. Here is a picture of my character sheet. Under blast, i put an accurate power feat of 15. This should boost my pp total by 15 shouldn't it? I should be 15 pp over but it doesn't show that I'm over.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1695/will.th.png (http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=will.png)

Edit: Apparently its the math, as any power feat or extra added to an alternate power will increase the PP of that power, but not the overall PP of the character.

Example: I have snare as an alternate power to transform. It costs 18pp (2/r +1ex -1fl) x 9r +0fe, my total PP for my character is 135/135

I added a constrict extra and 10 ranks of the accurate power feat. The total cost for this power is now 37pp (2/r +2ex -1fl) x 9r +10fe. My total PP for my character stays at 135/135.

So somewhere, the math isnt being added correctly

Modify
February 26th, 2009, 03:32 PM
I got an answer from the M&M site. All my alternate powers are dynamic and i can put a max of 42 PP into each. However, my blast has only 27 PP and my snare has 18pp. Does this mean i can add as many feats as i want before i hit the 42pp marker?

charlieluce
February 26th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Right. Alternate Powers may have up to as many total points as the Base Power, with all Extras and Power Feats included (and any Power Drawbacks subtracted).