PDA

View Full Version : V2.3b Released

rob
November 27th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!!

The new V2.3b release of Hero Lab can now be downloaded via the usual methods. This update includes just a hanful of functionality refinements and bug fixes. The complete list can be found in the "readme" file installed with the product. However, the most important items are covered below.

* When tables with three or more columns would display more than one row of items, Hero Lab will no longer crash. This could be seen when enabling an extra saving throw option in Mutants & Masterminds or equipping more than three weapons in d20 and switching to the In-Play tab.
* The Editor now fixes up old fields (i.e. created with an older version of the Editor) automatically. This allows you to fix problems with old files that give errors with fields like "stack_qty", "stack_each", etc. Load the files into the Editor, make one change (e.g. adding or deleting a new thing) and then save the file. This should fix all the errors from that file that are due to out-of-date contents.
* Added a "Delete Panel" button to the Editor. If old panels are giving you errors (such as the error "Unrecognized attribute 'multiadd'"), you can use this button to delete the old panels and then create new ones.

As always, holler if you run into problems and we'll do our best to help. We're in the final countdown to getting the long-awaited Authoring Kit released in the next few weeks. Keep those fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly and you'll be able to create data files for virtually any game system you want over the holidays. :-)

May the dice be with you...

-Rob

doomsmythe
December 2nd, 2008, 04:12 AM
I am having some issues with running this in Wine. Everything is cool until it starts building the user interface, then it just sits there. Any solutions beside running in a VM?

doomsmythe
December 2nd, 2008, 04:13 AM
Oh, I am running Ubuntu Intrepid Ultimate release 2.0 on a laptop

daddystabz
December 2nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
I can't get my copy on my laptop to update to this new version. I go into Hero Lab and tell it to update to the new file and it exits the program and never starts it back up again so that it can update. It does this everytime I try. Any suggestions?

daddystabz
December 2nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
I got it to work now. Thanks anyway!