PDA

View Full Version : Manual license problem

Sleyr
November 14th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Hi,
Just bought hero lab today. I need to manually activate my license but its not working? i have no internet at home so i used the manual license, copied the file to my flash drive, drove into town with my laptop and got to the website, but when i tried to activate it it says i need to do a full activation first? problem is i cant!! any ideas?

thanks
Julio

ps. i can hardly wait to start using this program it looks great.

Sleyr
November 17th, 2008, 05:24 AM
I got it figured out. I needed to activate my license through the program first, i did that on my laptop at the local library then i was able to do the manual activation for my home comp. I may have missed where this process was explained clealry but if i didnt i was under the impression that i could start with a manual activation. might want to clear up the docs a little.

Well now that i got it working WOW!!!, i love this program. it is by far the best one i have ever used. i was able to make a Signet ring of Cormyr +3 ac +3 Saves, that was given as part of the quest. that was so cool, and it even worked!!! Thank You for a wonderful program.

Sleyr
November 17th, 2008, 05:28 AM
clarify a little. I had to install the program on my laptop, activate the initial license on my laptop using Hero Lab. then i got my second license (which is free thank you very much) and used that to do the manual activation on my home computer. worked very well. quick and painless.

rob
November 27th, 2008, 04:02 AM
At 06:28 AM 11/17/2008, you wrote:
clarify a little. I had to install the program on my laptop, activate the initial license on my laptop using Hero Lab. then i got my second license (which is free thank you very much) and used that to do the manual activation on my home computer. worked very well. quick and painless.
I want to make sure I understand exactly what the problem is. Please confirm that you took the following steps when first trying to activate your license manually:

1. Went to the License menu within HL and selected the Manual License Activation option.
2. Completed wizard.
3. Copied the "hpinfo.lic" file onto a memory stick or other storage medium.
4. Launched web browser on a different computer.
5. Went to www.lonewolfdevel.com (http://www.lonewolfdevel.com/) and selected option to activate a license manually.
6. Entered filename where "hpinfo.lic" file is located and clicked the Submit button.
7. Selected a initial game system for use with license and clicked the Select button.
8. Downloaded key file via link provided on webpage.
9. Copied key file onto memory stick or other storage medium.
10. Copied key file into Hero Lab directory on computer where manual license wizard was first run.
11. Launched HL on original computer and loaded a game system.

If you deviated from the above steps in any way, please let me know what you did and why (so we can fix the documentation). If you did the steps above, when did the process fail? What error was reported?

Please provide as much detail as you can remember so that we can try to figure out what's going wrong and get it fixed.

Irreverent Fool
January 11th, 2009, 03:35 AM
At 06:28 AM 11/17/2008, you wrote:
If you deviated from the above steps in any way, please let me know what you did and why (so we can fix the documentation). If you did the steps above, when did the process fail? What error was reported?

Please provide as much detail as you can remember so that we can try to figure out what's going wrong and get it fixed.

I realize that this thread is a bit old, but I am having a similar problem (though I have an internet connection). I doubt the OP is going to repost since he apparently has no internet access at home and has a working problem now.

I have already contacted technical support via email for my basic problem. I only hope my plight helps to alleviate this bug. I completed the following steps in order:

1. Went to the License menu within HL and selected Manual License
2. Completed the wizard.
3. Launched the browser and went to the site to activate the license manually
4. Entered the path where "hpinfo.lic is stored and clicked submit
5. Selected the game system (Mutants & Masterminds) and clicked select

The rest of the steps I was unable to complete as I was directed then to a page which states:

The initial activation of a license requires that you utilize the full Activation wizard. The Re-activation Wizard is limited to use on subsequent activations after the first time. Please use the main Activation wizard at the top of the 'License' menu.

I tried this multiple times to make sure I was using the actual "manual activation" and not the "re-activation". Coupled with my current problem of HL being unable to connect to the servers for either updates or activation, I am left with the demo version.

This seems to be a problem with the website rather than HL itself, but I am sure my problem is identical to the OP's.

rob
January 21st, 2009, 02:20 AM
OK, I finally figured this out. There was an issue on the server, as you surmised. Please give the manual license activation process another try. It should work this time.