PDA

View Full Version : Haven merit for Ghouls...

Noctivagus
September 21st, 2008, 09:17 AM
Is there a way to get the Haven merit to show up on a Ghoul creation? I'm sure it can be done through the editor, but I was just wondering if anyone had a quick and easy explanation before I try to dig into it myself and figure it out. :P

Thanks!
Nocti

rob
September 22nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
At 10:17 AM 9/21/2008, you wrote:
Is there a way to get the Haven merit to show up on a Ghoul creation? I'm sure it can be done through the editor, but I was just wondering if anyone had a quick and easy explanation before I try to dig into it myself and figure it out. ./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif
The Haven merits (there are three of them) are currently tied exclusively to vampires. This is done via a Condition test. You can revise the Condition test so that it applies the merit to either vampires *or* ghouls.

For example....

Via the Editor, copy the Haven Location merit. Give it a new unique id and change the name so you can recognize it properly. You'll note that the Condition button in the lower right says "Timing: Initialize/500" next to it as an indicator. Click the button and the form should a tag expression of "hero#Template.Vampire". Change the tagexpr to apply to either vampires or ghouls, as shown below:

*** hero#Template.Vampire | hero#Template.GhoulVtR

Save your changes and you're good to go. If you want to replace the built-in merit with your new one, enter the id of the original merit in the "Replaces Thing Id" field.

Hope this helps!

Noctivagus
September 27th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Awesome! Thanks Rob, that worked beautifully. :D