PDA

View Full Version : Data File editor

Mmurphy
August 10th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I have been watching the web site for about 6 months now waiting on news of the data file editor/creator. Everything always says soon. Is there a real date set or will I need to continue just waiting?

I have my own game system that I would like to use this program to create characters (and NPC's) and I do not play any of the published games systems out there. I am not even sure the program can handle my character system as I don't know of any other system that uses the same character creation system I have (as I don't know of many systems out there), but until I try, I will never know.

Michael

rob
August 11th, 2008, 01:42 PM
At 10:54 PM 8/10/2008, you wrote:
I have been watching the web site for about 6 months now waiting on news of the data file editor/creator. Everything always says soon. Is there a real date set or will I need to continue just waiting?

I have my own game system that I would like to use this program to create characters (and NPC's) and I do not play any of the published games systems out there. I am not even sure the program can handle my character system as I don't know of any other system that uses the same character creation system I have (as I don't know of many systems out there), but until I try, I will never know.
I just posted an update on the upcoming Authoring Kit in a separate thread entitled Authoring Tools. Please look there for details.

As for whether HL can support your game system, I'd say it's extremely likely. The HL engine can be adapted to support just about any game system out there. I've played dozens of widely varying RPGs over the years, and I've read through dozens more. I can't think of one that HL wouldn't support.