PDA

View Full Version : Cortex News?

burner2501
August 5th, 2008, 03:36 AM
I notice you will have a dataset for the Cortex rules sometime in the future. Is there any timeline for this development? Serenity characters are easy to make with paper and pencil but it would be so nice to have them on the laptop to use the dashboard as GM. It would also help as a catalog for NPCs.

rob
August 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
At 04:36 AM 8/5/2008, you wrote:
I notice you will have a dataset for the Cortex rules sometime in the future. Is there any timeline for this development? Serenity characters are easy to make with paper and pencil but it would be so nice to have them on the laptop to use the dashboard as GM. It would also help as a catalog for NPCs.
The Cortex rules are slated to be written as soon as we get the Authoring Kit wrapped up. So I would say sometime in the late fall would be the *likely* timeframe.

burner2501
August 12th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Shiny! Thanks for the info. :D

flamepulse
November 9th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Any update on this rel;ease? This was one of the reasons why i bought HL and am waiting impatiently for it.

rob
November 9th, 2008, 05:41 PM
At 02:08 PM 11/9/2008, you wrote:
Any update on this rel;ease? This was one of the reasons why i bought HL and am waiting impatiently for it.
Our planned development sequence hasn't changed since it was announced many months ago. First the Authoring Kit, then an update to World of Darkness, and then Cortex. The plan was to have the Kit at the end of October, WoD in November, and Cortex in December. Due to my health issues, however, we're a bit behind on everything. I don't envision Cortex coming out until probably the February timeframe at this point. Sorry for the delay. I'd much rather have things on time than be dealing with this damn neck problem. :-(

flamepulse
November 11th, 2008, 05:45 AM
no worries, was just wondering if it was gonna be this year or not. feburary works for me, i can convince someone to get the pack for me for my birthday.