PDA

View Full Version : HEro LAb editor

SAbel
July 3rd, 2008, 11:17 PM
HL tells me "To start editing a new file, click on the "File" menu and select "NEw Data File" ....

I do not have either option of new data file or Open Data file on my HL when I attempt to un zip the authoring files I have this message appear from WinRar: Diagnotic messages
! C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Game stuff\LoneWolf\hl_mm_authoring.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

I am lost as to what is wrong and can not find the Authoring files to attempt to download them.
I would really like to look at the authoring kit and try to start imputting data for other game systems at this point.

rob
July 6th, 2008, 02:13 PM
At 12:17 AM 7/4/2008, you wrote:
HL tells me "To start editing a new file, click on the "File" menu and select "NEw Data File" ....

I do not have either option of new data file or Open Data file on my HL when I attempt to un zip the authoring files I have this message appear from WinRar: Diagnotic messages
! C:Documents and SettingsOwnerMy DocumentsGame stuffLoneWolfhl_mm_authoring.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged

I am lost as to what is wrong and can not find the Authoring files to attempt to download them.
I would really like to look at the authoring kit and try to start imputting data for other game systems at this point.
Er, I'm confused what you are trying to do. To start editing a new data file for a game system (e.g. d20), go to the Tools menu within HL and select "Launch Editor". When the Editor appears, go to the File menu within it and select "New Data File". This will allow you to start adding your own custom content for the d20 system. To do this for a different game system, just load the correct game system and launch the Editor for that game system.