PDA

View Full Version : Freedom City Characters?

VampyrKnight
July 3rd, 2008, 12:47 AM
Right now, I'm planning on entering the Freedom City characters from all the 2e material into HL, and while I know that's perfectly within my rights, my question regards the problem of sharing the portfolio file(s) for those books. Is it acceptable to share them, or is Lone Wolf planning to try and make those available in the future? For that matter, since all of that is the intellectual property of Green Ronin that might not have been licensed for HL, would freely sharing said files be construed as violation of the terms of the license?

rob
July 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM
At 01:47 AM 7/3/2008, you wrote:
Right now, I'm planning on entering the Freedom City characters from all the 2e material into HL, and while I know that's perfectly within my rights, my question regards the problem of sharing the portfolio file(s) for those books. Is it acceptable to share them, of it Lone Wolf planning to try and make those available in the future? For that matter, since all of that is the intellectual property of Green Ronin that might not have been licensed for HL, would freely sharing said files be construed as violation of the terms of the license?
We discussed this idea with Green Ronin just a couple weeks ago. The idea of putting together a separate "character pack" of all the different characters from all the different M&M books was something GR really liked. So we do plan on releasing such a package in the upcoming months. That being said, you are free to enter whatever you want in the way of characters, and you are free to share those characters/portfolios with others. The IP consists of the game material and the licensed data files. Character portfolios require that you have access to the data files, so sharing them should present no problems to anyone.

cosmicherald
September 7th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Hmmmmm....having said:

Character portfolios require that you have access to the data files, so sharing them should present no problems to anyone.

Where exactly would we upload/download these files?

I'd love to have the links!

krathen
September 8th, 2008, 03:42 PM
He means when you buy Mutants and Masterminds access. Those Files, the ones that allow you to work on mutants and masterminds characters. When you bought the software you bought a license to one data set for free...