PDA

View Full Version : Imperial guard Command HQ

ingl0rius
March 2nd, 2008, 03:18 PM
Just a quick one - I might be being stupid, but...

Just trying to make my imperial guard roster, and I do not seem to be able to configure my command HQ to have a medic or standard bearer, the weapons seem to be there, as does the vox-caster, but not these other options - This makes the points total incorrect for my army.

Also, Is there a way I can legally take catachan deathworld veterans as a part of my IG army? It seems to always come up invalid unless it's a pure deathworld vet army. In the catachans codex, it says that you can use the vets as part of a standard IG army.

Thanks in advance!

harkan
March 3rd, 2008, 10:15 AM
a medic or standard bearer are upgrades for veterans not standard troops so you need to add veterans and then select the relevant options from there

can you give a page ref for the bit about deathworld veterans in a standard IG please, ta

Mathias
March 3rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
On the guardsmen in the command HQ, select "Upgrade to Veteran" - then look at the options on the veteran guardsmen. Only veterans may be medics or standard bearers.

This is my guess as to why Catachan units aren't allowed in IG armies;
Notice how Deathworld veterans are pushed into "Guard Regiments (Other)"? That's because they are an expansion for a previous edition of Codex: IG. They're no longer valid with the current codex, so you can use them on their own (but it looks like you can't use them at this year's GTs), but not with the current codex.

ingl0rius
March 3rd, 2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks for your replies guys - Very useful!

Mgehl, I think you are correct about the deathworlds not being valid with the current codex.

Thanks again and keep up the good work, I am loving army builder!

Ghaz
March 3rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
It has nothing to do with Codex Imperial Guard. The latest version of Codex Catachans (http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperialguard/catachan-rules/assets/codex-catachans.pdf) does not make an allowance for using Deathworld Veterans in anything other than a Catachan army.

dragon2489
June 22nd, 2008, 08:32 PM
I don't know if this is a dead post or not, but I had a similar problem. The solution that I came up with was to just switch to the new "doctrine" method and make a catachan army by those rules.