PDA

View Full Version : Panel Linkage error??

rashidali
March 21st, 2007, 11:30 PM
So I am attempting to create a class and I have created a class with 2 special abilities at this time. It compiles fine, but when I add it as a class it gives me a "No panel linkage defined for thing cHelpFMM" cHelpFMM is my unique ID for the Class Helper, and no matter what I take away and put back it seems I still get the error message... I have followed exactly what the Editing Tutorial lists do do to each ability or level, there doesn't seem to be any extraneous bootstraps or linkages. I guess I could start over, but really don't want to do that. I did notice that all the other classes had something listed in the Linked Panel ID field, but since I can't find enough documentation as to what each field does in the editor, I'm not sure if this is my issue. Can anyone help??

DannyBoy2k
March 22nd, 2007, 02:47 AM
Heheh. PLEASE tell me that you're making a magic-user of some sort?

rashidali
March 22nd, 2007, 09:40 PM
Yes... am I not supposed to??

DannyBoy2k
March 23rd, 2007, 11:52 AM
Oh, you most certainly ARE! Because, *I* get the exact same error, and am making a magic user...
AND, got the same error on the OTHER magic user I made.

So, this would seem to point to it not being entirely MY fault. :) I've been talking to Colen about this, but he and Rob is at a trade show this week.

rob
March 25th, 2007, 01:58 AM
At 12:52 PM 3/23/2007, you wrote:
Oh, you most certainly ARE! Because, *I* get the exact same error, and am making a magic user...
AND, got the same error on the OTHER magic user I made.

So, this would seem to point to it not being entirely MY fault. ./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I've been talking to Colen about this, but he and Rob is at a trade show this week.
We just got back from the show last night. Colen should resume helping you sort this out on Monday. Unfortunately, this is an area where Colen is the expert and I'm not very useful. :-(

DannyBoy2k
March 25th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Oh, I dunno...I think you've been plenty helpful. :) I'll just wait for Colen to realize that girlfriends are nothing but money-draining trouble, and come back here. :lol:

Colen
March 27th, 2007, 12:50 PM
>Hi,

The panel linkage error is appearing because the error message was
added after I added the stuff to generate panels. I'm going to look
into fixing this this week. Daniel, I don't think this has anything
to do with your problems - I'm working on another test for those now,
so hopefully we should be able to work out what's going on.

Thanks,

--
Colen McAlister (colen@wolflair.com)
Chief Engineer, Lone Wolf Development
http://www.wolflair.com/

DannyBoy2k
March 28th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Ok. I only reacted since I attempted another magic-user, the Swordsage(yes, know, nt really a magic-user, but I tried something out...) and I got that error only for them. The Swashbuckler works as it should.