PDA

View Full Version : Koodos from WOTC Designers

SWChance
February 21st, 2007, 03:49 PM
One of the biggest questions during the WOTC D&D meeting at the recent convention in DC, "The D&D EXPerience" Hero Lab was directly mentioned. Basically everyone asked in many different questions what is happening on the digital front for WOTC now that the eTools licence is done. The answer was that they are doing the research. The digital team is working on magic right now and they will get to D&D eventually. When asked what we can expect to use in the mean time, the answer from the head of the develpoment team was that there are programs out there to use, one in particular is Hero Lab. He said that it seems to be doing the best job. Now I am summurizing the statements, please dont take it as word for word.

The jist that I picked up and this is only my opinion is that they dont have anything planned. Also everytime they were asked about pdf versions of the books they seem to flinch.

Keep up the good work Rob, Colen, and all the rest of you making this program work.

P.S. If you havent talked to WOTC yet, maybe the time is almost apon us.

rob
March 2nd, 2007, 03:17 AM
At 04:50 PM 2/21/2007, you wrote:
One of the biggest questions during the WOTC D&D meeting at the recent convention in DC, "The D&D EXPerience" Hero Lab was directly mentioned. Basically everyone asked in many different questions what is happening on the digital front for WOTC now that the eTools licence is done. The answer was that they are doing the research. The digital team is working on magic right now and they will get to D&D eventually. When asked what we can expect to use in the mean time, the answer from the head of the develpoment team was that there are programs out there to use, one in particular is Hero Lab. He said that it seems to be doing the best job. Now I am summurizing the statements, please dont take it as word for word.

The jist that I picked up and this is only my opinion is that they dont have anything planned. Also everytime they were asked about pdf versions of the books they seem to flinch.

Keep up the good work Rob, Colen, and all the rest of you making this program work.

P.S. If you havent talked to WOTC yet, maybe the time is almost apon us.
This is great news! It sounds like there were specific people at WotC that were touting Hero Lab. If so, who were they and/or which groups do they work in?

We have been in conversations with WotC in recent weeks. And I can definitely say that WotC does have this on its in-house radar, so it would be incorrect to claim they aren't at least actively thinking about this issue. However, I can't speak to anything beyond that.

If you can provide me with the details of who was speaking highly of Hero Lab, it would be quite helpful in following up with WotC.

-Rob

gsinclai
April 8th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Chris

Will any new digital products from WOTC for 3.5ed D&D have similar features to the e-tools product?

DannyBoy2k
April 8th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Ummm...not to complain or anything, but I think this is not the proper place for this. Might be better to take that to PM.

rob
April 8th, 2007, 04:36 PM
At 07:29 AM 4/8/2007, you wrote:
Will any new digital products from WOTC for 3.5ed D&D have similar features to the e-tools product?
You'll need to ask this question of Wizards directly. Unfortunately, they haven't responded to any such questions on their own forums, let alone on the forums for other tools (like this one). If you manage to get any concrete information out of Wizards, please share it with us here.