PDA

View Full Version : Possible Editor Bug

BardMorgan
February 12th, 2007, 08:27 PM
This seems to be a bug with HeroLab itself, rather than a data file problem. I'm I'm incorrect, my apologies and please move the topic to another forum as needed.

This is reproducible at will. The problem is that if you minimize the Editor, you then cannot close HeroLab, and it's not immediately obvious how to restore the editor window to then close it. To reproduce, take the following steps.

Open HeroLab.
Open the editor from Tools/Editor.
Minimize the editor.
Try to close HeroLab.

The problem seems to be that the editor does not minimize to the task bar like standard win32 windows. It minimizes to a small titlebar in the bottom left corner of the screen. While there, it may be covered by another active window (easily done if you have a maximized window open), or even the task bar.

If there's a better place to post bugs, please let me know, I didn't see another place for them.

rob
February 13th, 2007, 02:21 AM
At 09:27 PM 2/12/2007, you wrote:
This seems to be a bug with HeroLab itself, rather than a data file problem. I'm I'm incorrect, my apologies and please move the topic to another forum as needed.
This is definitely a bug in HL. And I'm happy to say that it's already been fixed on our end, so a properly behaving minimized editor will be present in the next release that is due out in the next few days.

If there's a better place to post bugs, please let me know, I didn't see another place for them.
This is the perfect place for reporting bugs like this.

-Rob

DannyBoy2k
February 21st, 2007, 05:42 AM
Speaking of the editor, while I don't know that it's a bug per se...if you open the editor, and fiddle around in it, it will switch back to HL 'proper' within 30 or so seconds. All on it's own, that is. Seems the only way to keep it from doing this is to minimize HL. This has been occuring since the last patch/version.

rob
February 21st, 2007, 01:35 PM
At 06:42 AM 2/21/2007, you wrote:
Speaking of the editor, while I don't know that it's a bug per se...if you open the editor, and fiddle around in it, it will switch back to HL 'proper' within 30 or so seconds. All on it's own, that is. Seems the only way to keep it from doing this is to minimize HL. This has been occuring since the last patch/version.
I'm pretty sure this is due to a bug we spotted right after release. When a tooltip appears for a UI control on the editor (e.g. a button), the tooltip is tied to the main window instead of the editor, which switches the focus over to the editor. You can disable this bug by simply disabling tooltips under the Settings menu.

Please check to see if this is the cause. If it is, we're aware of the bug and should have it fixed in the next release. If not, please explain the problem in further detail so that we can get it fixed.

Thanks, Rob

DannyBoy2k
February 22nd, 2007, 04:57 AM
Seems as if you're right, and this was the reason. It doesn't, however, help to disable tooltips. All the '?' hotspots are still active, even if tooltips are disabled, and so it switches instantly. Just hought you should know.

dacrawfo
May 6th, 2011, 06:37 AM
One issue i'm having is after I have had HL opened on a bigger screen display (1600x1200), but then open it on a smaller laptop screen (1440x900) the window is half hidden at the bottom of the screen. The main issue with this is that you cannot move the windows until you create a new character which is difficult as you do not see the boxes/buttons you are selecting. Can't mouse to them so I have to tab and space bar it to get to the main window. Just would have been nice to move all the windows as you may want to see the main screen next to the editor.

Thoughts?

David