PDA

View Full Version : Bonus Feats Question

vivisect
February 4th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Before I start, I just wanted to say that I love this product! I've played around with several similar programs, but this is the first one that I've seen that's worth it. With that said, here's my question...

In an effort to better understand how the editor works, I've been working on creating some spells/classes/races/feats. With a little trial and error, I've been able to figure out everything, except for bonus feats. I've been able to get pretty far on this one, but I think I'm missing some crucial step here. I added the appropriate eval script (pulled it from the wizard actually), checked the "Has Custom Ability?" box, etc. So, when looking at the class panel, it says "Add more bonus feats (1 left)!" like it should, when it should. However, when I click on it to add one, I get a message stating "Nothing to choose from!"

Now, to correct this, I've gone into srd_feats and added a new tag for each of the feats that I want as bonus feats under the "Bonus Feats For..." selection. I figured that would work, but no, when I go back out and try it again, I'm still getting the message "Nothing to choose from!" So, can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Also, if/when a new update is released, won't I lose the minor changes to srd_feats, and if so, is there a way around it?