PDA

View Full Version : other d&d books

galdinon
December 29th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I was wondering how I can use the rest of the books that are out officially for D&D. The thing that I am really looking for is the Eberron campain, but I also want to use the other books too.

rob
December 31st, 2006, 03:50 AM
We'll be releasing the tools for adding your own custom material in stages over the next few weeks. Using the tools, you'll be able to add the material you use from the various books. It's also probable that various users will take the time to create data files for some books and share them with other users.

-Rob

At 10:58 PM 12/29/2006, you wrote:

I was wondering how I can use the rest of the books that are out officially for D&D. The thing that I am really looking for is the Eberron campain, but I also want to use the other books too.

Giddoen
January 2nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
Question Rob, since Eberron is a "Core" setting will there be official data set for it and Forgotten Realms????

rob
January 3rd, 2007, 12:53 AM
Unfortunately, no. Both of those settings are outside of the d20 SRD, so no official data files can be published for them without an explicit license from WotC. However, given the "core" nature of those books, I'm guessing much of that material will still be translated into data files relatively soon after we get the editing tools completed, since there are lots of folks out there who will want the data and at least a few with the time and inclination to create the files.

-Rob

At 12:44 PM 1/2/2007, you wrote:

Question Rob, since Eberron is a "Core" setting will there be official data set for it and Forgotten Realms????

Giddoen
January 3rd, 2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the fast answer!

Giddoen