PDA

View Full Version : Ogre Kindoms bug detected

Genghis
September 13th, 2006, 01:13 PM
As I was making my 4000pts army, giving me 3 lord choices, I selected Skrag the slaughterer as my army general leaving me 2 other lord choices. At page 76 of the OK armybook above Skrag's stats line states : The usual restrictions for taking Slaughtermasters (having to take the tyrant first) does not apply.
As soon as I select a slaughtermaster in Skrags army, the slaughtermaster goes red and below in the warning box says: requires tyrant.

On a different subject and forgive me if this have been said before. Is there the Ironskin tribe option, from the White Dwarf 308 USA magazine, available and if so, would you be able to guide me through or tell me where can I download the data file for it please ?

Best Regards

robert
September 19th, 2006, 03:49 PM
thx for the report, i will fix that

for the ironskin tribe, i dont think i have that wd, can i download the pdf anywere??

kylek2235
September 21st, 2006, 02:37 PM
I just sent you Ghark Ironskin, the Ironskin Tribe and the complete rules for the Rhinox Riders. If it gets lost in the void, let me know and I'll send it again.

Genghis
September 27th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Great about the ironskin tribe.. A few adjustment needed on the rhinoxes.

Stated in the White Dwarf 308 US:

The rhinox (50x50mm base)
-Movement of 7 (instead of 6 on AB3)
-WS of 3 (instead of 4 on AB3)
-Strength of 5 (instead of 6 on AB3)
-Attacks 3 (instead of 4 on AB3)
-Fear causing creatures
-May upgrade to the bull rhinox for 45pts. "I noticed when upgrading, the points don't add up".

The bull rhinox (50x100mm bases) "forgeworld"
-Movement of 7
-WS of 4
-Strength of 6
-Attacks 4
-Unit strength 6 (instead of 4 on AB3)
-Terror causing creatures
-Large target

kylek2235
September 27th, 2006, 03:03 PM
List of Bugs
-Model count goes up by two (fixed)
-Upgrade to bull Rhinox doesn't add more points (fixed)
-Unit Champion upgrade points value off(fixed)
-Stats for Bull Rhinox off (my bad) (fixed)
-Stats for normal Rhinox off (fixed)
-Unit Strengths wrong (fixed)
-Amour upgrade point cost doesn't upgrade right with champion (fixed)
-Extra hand weapons not an actual option (fixed)

-Standard, Musician and Champion can all be selected with fewer than the necesary models (still working on it)
-Error message when selecteding a magic banner, says too many used. (still working on it)

There were a couple of more bugs in there, but I can't recall them at the moment. I'll have them fixed within a couple of days I hope and send it to Robert and anyone that wants the corrections prior to the next Warhammer update. Amy advice on the final two, I'm all ears, since I'm still new to this stuff...

Genghis
September 28th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Actually, I know this was said in the pass. It has to do with those maneaters.. when secting a great weapon or cathayan sword.. their stats don't go up.

Ghaz
September 28th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Actually, I know this was said in the pass. It has to do with those maneaters.. when secting a great weapon or cathayan sword.. their stats don't go up.

And it's already been explained (http://support.wolflair.com/index.php?name=MDForum&file=viewtopic&t=6357&highlight=cathayan) why.

Genghis
October 7th, 2006, 09:43 AM
To add to the list of the ironskin tribe, the only character available is ghark. Other characters are able to join such as the butcher, hunter and bruiser.

kylek2235
October 9th, 2006, 10:14 AM
The Ironskin Tribe "The Ironskin tribe is unusual in several ways and uses the army list organization described below" in which no other characters are listed. An oversight probably, but still the words in print. If you send me your email address, I'll send you the nearly bugfree Rhinox Riders data file, since I know you've been asking for it for awhile.

Ingo
October 9th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Here's another bug I noticed when making an Ogre army list: If you give a Hunter both Sabretusks and a magic weapon it complains about him having both a magic and a normal weapon

kylek2235
October 9th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Sabretusks are tagged as weapons, hence the problem. It's fixed now. Fixing stuff is actually kind of fun. drop me an email address and I'll send you the dat file.

robert
October 16th, 2006, 12:15 PM
sorry, i lost track of what is fixed and what isnt in the two big bug posts above... can the authors summarise them or something for me?? i feel slow today :~(

i will fix the sabertusk thing :~)

Genghis
October 22nd, 2006, 10:45 AM
Hi Robert

To answer your recent message for some bugs that are still active. When selecting the rhinox rider model located in the special or rare section, they come in standard 100pts. If I want to upgrade to a bull rhinox at 145pts. The points don't add up and the stats don't change. Here is the difference between both :

Stated in the White Dwarf 308 US:

The Rhinox (50x50mm base) 100pts
-Movement of 7 (instead of 6 on AB3)
-WS of 3 (instead of 4 on AB3)
-Strength of 5 (instead of 6 on AB3)
-Attacks 3 (instead of 4 on AB3)
-Unit strength 4
-Fear causing creatures
-May upgrade to the bull rhinox for 45pts.

The Bull Rhinox "forgeworld" (50x100mm bases) 145pts
-Movement of 7
-WS of 4
-Strength of 6
-Attacks 4
-Unit strength 6 (instead of 4 on AB3)
-Terror causing creatures
-Large target

Thank you
Regards

Genghis
November 7th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Well someone has sent me a file to fix the rhinox situation. The only thing it gave me is problems with AB3.1 as I can't open it anymore because I copied his file over the original... thanks whoever you are!
As i'm still trying to get the recent post fixed, I find this is going no where!

Following errors has occured:
-Undefined link set "Gut" reference by unit spells
-Undefined item "okGutmagic" reference by item "OgreKing"

Is there a way to replace this corrupted file ?

kylek2235
November 7th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Is it the file I sent you a few months ago? If it is, I can I can either resend you the file or you can download the 3.1 patch again. Either way, I didn't change any of the stuff you're having problems with as none of it has to do with the Rhinox Riders.

Feel free to bug me if you have any other problems.

Genghis
November 7th, 2006, 07:31 PM
AB3.1 was working fine and I had no problems. I copied/paste your file in the data/wh6 directory. When I opened AB3.1 I cannot access it at all from a msg that shows up as: Due to the unexpected error loading the new game system, ArmyBuilder is unable to continue and must exit.

I had it open minutes before copying the file you sent and when I reopen AB, I wasn't able to access it anymore. I even tried reinstalling the patch and with no sucess it gave me the same error msg.

How am I able to restore AB without reinstalling ?

Cynyr
November 20th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Hello-
Im new to the site and AB, but i like what i see so far--I use Ogre Kingdoms, and had seen the errors in the Rhinox area as well--where can I d/l the patch for them?
Thanks very much!
Cynyr

Kamarathin
November 20th, 2006, 08:09 AM
There isn't a patch for them as yet. I'm sure Robert will have the fixes in the next release.