PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Easy Way to Convert Credits to UPB

oadrian
September 2nd, 2018, 05:52 PM
It would be nice if there were any easy way to convert credits to UPBs.

flyteach
September 3rd, 2018, 08:58 AM
It's not supported by the Starfinder rules, so they have nothing to implement. It would have to be unofficial.

-edit- My bad. I read it as Starship buildpoints. Sorry

Mathias
September 3rd, 2018, 09:07 AM
Add a journal or edit an existing journal - enter -100 in credits, and 100 in UPB, and then apply those changes.

oadrian
September 4th, 2018, 05:25 AM
Core 233 lists them as purchasable in 1,000 unit increments. Pathfinder society rules also states that they are purchasable in 1,000 unit increments.

And with regards to journal entries, I don't like mixing UPB purchases with income since it makes tracking transcription errors from society play much more difficult. Also at low levels it requires multiple sessions to get the minimum 1,000 credits to buy the minimum purchase of UPBs.

Mathias
September 4th, 2018, 07:21 AM
We also implemented them as gear items in the Other Gear table, if you'd rather represent them as physical items and specify which container they're in, which also means you're not adding them on the journal tab. In my opinion, not every GM will want to restrict the purchases to only being in lots of 1,000, so HL should not impose that restriction (I think the (1,000) is so that they can define the bulk for UPBs, not a requirement that they must only be purchased in that amount). If the tracking is important and you would like a specific record of the UPB purchase, I would recommend creating a journal entry specifically for this. Name it "Purchased UPBs after adventure X". Then, you can still look up the amounts of credits you have gained in specific adventures, without having them be 1000 less than expected.