PDA

View Full Version : Chromebook

Unclebilly
February 3rd, 2018, 04:37 PM
I can't get Hero lab online to work right on my chromebook. I can log in and get the character screen accept the character it will load but at that time all I can see is the Play Character Class Ability etc... tabs that run down the middle of the screen. When I hit them all it does is highlight them and nothing more. ???

Ian
February 3rd, 2018, 08:01 PM
Could you file a bug report with some screenshots and what Chrome and Chrome OS versions the Chromebook has? It sounds like there might be some version-specific rendering weirdness we’ll have to deal with.

MythicParty
November 30th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Dumb question- so Chromebooks are now supported? When I read the system requirements they weren’t mentioned:

Recommended: PC running Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7
or Mac running macOS 10.11 or 10.12 (El Capitan or Sierra)
or iPad running iOS 9 or 10
Note that Hero Lab will NOT run on Windows RT devices like the Surface RT and Surface 2, or on Macs with PowerPC CPUs.
Minimum Required: PC running Windows XP (with Service Pack 3) or Vista
or Mac running OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard or later)
or iPad running iOS 8
1GB free hard disk space (or more, depending on use)
Internet access (for licensing and to obtain data files)

And I had come across an old thread saying that they’d never be able to run HeroLab. Any advice appreciated as I want to get a Chromebook.

Thanks!

numbat1
December 6th, 2018, 05:19 PM
Dumb question- so Chromebooks are now supported? When I read the system requirements they weren’t mentioned:

Recommended: PC running Windows 10, 8.1, 8, or 7
or Mac running macOS 10.11 or 10.12 (El Capitan or Sierra)
or iPad running iOS 9 or 10
Note that Hero Lab will NOT run on Windows RT devices like the Surface RT and Surface 2, or on Macs with PowerPC CPUs.
Minimum Required: PC running Windows XP (with Service Pack 3) or Vista
or Mac running OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard or later)
or iPad running iOS 8
1GB free hard disk space (or more, depending on use)
Internet access (for licensing and to obtain data files)

And I had come across an old thread saying that they’d never be able to run HeroLab. Any advice appreciated as I want to get a Chromebook.

Thanks!

This looks like it would be for Hero Lab Classic, not Hero Lab Online. So if you are interested in Classic then probably avoid the Chromebook for now.