PDA

View Full Version : Manage Names - Add Plural greyed out

Merion
February 6th, 2017, 03:56 AM
This has probably been answered elsewhere but I can't find it:

When I try to add a plural from to an appreviation, the field is greyed out (see attached). Is there a reason for this? Or better yet an option to change this?

I would very much like to have a plural form of PC as I keep writing PCs instead of just PC and have to go back and change it whenever I realize it has not been detected as a link. I don't know if it is even grammatically correct to add a plural s to appreviations in english, but my realm is a wild mix of mainly german info with some english stuff (mostly rules) and only for personal use. So I really don't care about grammar but about what makes my life easier. And this would.

Alternatively I can, of course, just add PCs and SCs as additional names, but it kind of irks me to see an "add plural" option and not being able to use it, when that is exactly what I want.

Parody
February 6th, 2017, 04:35 AM
It (appears that it) pluralizes the Public Name, not whichever name is being edited. In your example it's already plural.

Merion
February 6th, 2017, 05:22 AM
Ah, good observation.

If that really is the case, as it seems to be, I might have to turn this into a feature request, so it pluralizes the name being edited and only if none is currently being edited it than should apply to the public name.