PDA

View Full Version : Tag Length...

dentaa
January 22nd, 2017, 03:00 PM
Is there a way to increase the size (length) of the tags. I am setting up an existing campaign and want to include a tag of "all places the party has encountered" an npc. With most NPC's this is 1-3 places. But a few of them its 10+ is there a way to increase the amount of tag displayed length?
Thanks, as always.

ex: Kansas City Miami New York Chicago Seattle Denver

would be cut off at

Kansas City Miami Ne

Farling
January 22nd, 2017, 03:14 PM
Would relationships work to hold this information?

You could see a web link of visitations then?

kbs666
January 22nd, 2017, 03:17 PM
Are you providing abbreviations for every tag?

rob
January 22nd, 2017, 03:24 PM
We need to leave room for annotations, in case you add them. And we need to handle the case when users shrink the content pane to be very narrow, where by choice or necessity due to a small laptop screen. So changing the tag display behavior would introduce lots of complexity to smartly detect and handle these various situations.

If you want to associate lots of tags, then you can employ a very simple alternate solution. Just add a second (or third) tag-based snippet of the same type. And if you do that in conjunction with introducing some abbreviations on the city names, everything ought to work quite well. So you'd end up with...

Label: KC, Miami, NYC, Chi
Label: Sea, Den, LA, SF

Hope this helps!

dentaa
January 22nd, 2017, 03:47 PM
If you want to associate lots of tags, then you can employ a very simple alternate solution. Just add a second (or third) tag-based snippet of the same type.

palm slaps head!! I was viewing the tag fields as actual fields and not metadata. So I can make multiple fields with the same "label" and not overwrite data... Thanks that should work fine.

dentaa
January 22nd, 2017, 03:48 PM
Are you providing abbreviations for every tag?

Thanks for new videos, about to watch them now!

AEIOU
January 22nd, 2017, 03:49 PM
I've found the multiple tag approach works really well for my desires. Especially for my Source tag as many things -- towns, deities, geography, etc -- are referenced in multiple places. This way I can keep track of where these things are mentioned.

the_redbeard
January 23rd, 2017, 02:18 PM
I'm beginning to think that I'm missing something in how I use Realm Works by NOT exploiting tags.

Has there been a video or a pdf on a) Realm Works tag functionality (ie, from the auto-tag to the sorting and such) and b) examples of how users tag and then use them?

kbs666
January 23rd, 2017, 03:16 PM
A basic primer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkM1ViPN5S4

the_redbeard
January 24th, 2017, 06:20 PM
A basic primer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkM1ViPN5S4

Thanks