PDA

View Full Version : Create contained topic

Ckorik
January 15th, 2017, 05:42 PM
OK so I'm working my way through learning this - what I'd like to know though is if there is a way to batch create contained topic - or failing that a keyboard shortcut that would work for that function....

When importing an adventure or any info really the first step is adding locations/places/npc names/things - so often in order ... for example:

Town:
Place a
place b
place c
place d
npc 1
npc 2
npc 3

I find it's easier to enter the skeleton first so that when you go to enter the detail all the info is there to allow realmworks to 'autolink' - but right now each step is 'right click' which kind of disrupts the flow.

Anyway thanks for reading my question.

daplunk
January 15th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Someone on the forums figured out away to bulk enter topics. See the link below.

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56737&highlight=AutoHotKey

Avi
January 15th, 2017, 08:40 PM
I think what you need to look at is Quick-create.

Lets say you are importing from a PDF
Import you block of text (using CTL+ALT+V to paste without the line breaks)
Beak it down to Snippets (CTL+ENTER)
Read over find your candidate Topic, highlight it and use CRTL-Q to create it, as the correct type and in the correct location.
Also read about "Automatically Assigned Tags" - a default one for Quick-Create is "Empty" but you can add your own (for instance for imported data I create a tag for each source - I'll have to see how this works for me when the list grows longer)