PDA

View Full Version : Any way to move multiple topics at once?

Rapkannibale
December 24th, 2016, 03:40 AM
Hi,

I have run into the situation where I add a bunch of topics and then after realise I want to put them under a container topic. As far as I could tell there is no way to add multiple topics at once to a container topic but I'm hoping to be wrong as I am still new to RW. :)

kbs666
December 24th, 2016, 04:27 AM
No. But adding them to the container is pretty painless, its exactly like doing so when you first create the topic.

This is actually considered a feature of RW. It allows you to change your mind on how you organize your content and refactor it easily.

daplunk
December 24th, 2016, 04:45 AM
You can hold shift I think when you move to not have it generate a pop-up.

Rapkannibale
December 24th, 2016, 07:31 AM
No. But adding them to the container is pretty painless, its exactly like doing so when you first create the topic.

This is actually considered a feature of RW. It allows you to change your mind on how you organize your content and refactor it easily.

Well I like it as a feature but here is what happens for me. I create a container for something where I use suffixes every time. When I create a new entry in the container using the context menu it opens the quick create interface which doesn't allow me to add suffixes. Which means the time I save using that I then have to spend to open the topic after, edit it and add the suffix. The other way, using the little plus icon on the category lets me add the suffix right away but then I have to later move it manually to the container.

Maybe I'm overlooking something?

AEIOU
December 24th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Duplicate an existing topic and edit that if there aren't a lot of entries to work through. I do this for bestiary entries.

Create a template topic. Set it up the way you want and duplicate it as above with the benefit of not having to delete the old content.

kbs666
December 24th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Well I like it as a feature but here is what happens for me. I create a container for something where I use suffixes every time. When I create a new entry in the container using the context menu it opens the quick create interface which doesn't allow me to add suffixes. Which means the time I save using that I then have to spend to open the topic after, edit it and add the suffix. The other way, using the little plus icon on the category lets me add the suffix right away but then I have to later move it manually to the container.

Maybe I'm overlooking something?
You're going to edit the topic at some later time anyway right? Just add the suffix when you do that. Unless the topic is useful to you as just a bare name.

Or am I not understanding something?

Rapkannibale
December 25th, 2016, 02:12 AM
You're going to edit the topic at some later time anyway right? Just add the suffix when you do that. Unless the topic is useful to you as just a bare name.

Or am I not understanding something?

That's a good point. :)